Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2016 11:27:47 PM EDT
Yes, I know I'm not the first person to review this but being an integral suppressor, you just don't hear too much about it. Full disclosure, I'm somewhat of a sucker for integral cans, I don't advocate one as someone's first (even though my first was an integral, Liberty Leonidas), but once you got the basics covered it's worth it to consider an integral, in my opinion.

Anyway, I picked it up on Wednesday. First thing I did was throw it on my NoDak receiver and put it into my yet-to-be-finished curly maple stock. Yes, the whole NDS sights thing will be remedied, I was just trying to get a quick photo.

Mine has the spiral flutes where the monocore starts. Someone else has hypothesized that this is to aid in takedown, though Dr. Dater nor anyone at Gemtech, that I'm aware of, has confirmed this as the purpose.

I ended up putting it in an OD Green Hogue stock until I get around to finishing the curly maple.

Mine is also ported, ~1in forward of the threads.

Fit and finish are great, the phone pics (and my fingerprints) don't do it justice.

Now, on to the important part.... I have an AAC Element2, SilencerCo Sparrow, and a SilencerCo Spectre. So that's my reference point for 22lr on both pistols and rifles. I took the Mist out back last night (my neighborhood would frown on this practice but suppressed 22 will easily fly under the radar). I shot a combination of CCI Quiet (doesn't cycle a typical 10/22) and CCI Standard Velocity. Holy hell, with the padded bolt buffer this thing is just stupid quiet. With both loads. Noticeably quieter than the 3 muzzle suppressors I mentioned owning earlier. Another thing is it is extremely light, about the same (to my feel) as a 16in sporter barrel, if not lighter. One of my favorite aspects is that it straight up looks just like a regular 0.920" O.D. bull barrel. I can't imagine how 'small' it would sound had I shot it wet. I'm telling you, if you want laughter inducing quiet shooting just treat yourself to one of these, it's a gas.

Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup.  Integrals are the shit.  Mine is quieter than my pellet gun.  Sometimes you wonder if it fired.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you have to do though to clean an integral like that?  Little too big for a tumbler or ultra sonic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a mist a few wks back and of course won't see it in my hands for a long time and reading this has me really looking forward to getting it in my hands.   Was curious too how it would compare to my sparrow, alpine , and axiom i am waiting on.  I also picked up a PWS summit action I plan on using, should even make it better yet to not have the 10/22 action noise

Thanks for the post
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Padded bolt buffer?  Tell me more...
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Spectre II and a Warlock, as well as 3 other cans.  Just bought the Mist last weekend.  I have no doubt this will be my favorite.  And the wait begins...  
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup.  Integrals are the shit.  Mine is quieter than my pellet gun.  Sometimes you wonder if it fired.
View Quote

Darwin quiet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:18:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Padded bolt buffer?  Tell me more...
View Quote

Like this (actually, this exact product in my case): link

Basically (and forgive me if you know this already) when the bolt on a 10/22 is under recoil, it bottoms out on a steel pin. Replacing the pin with a smaller steel pin that's essentially wrapped in a polymer cushion makes things noticeably more quiet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:30:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ordered a mist a few wks back and of course won't see it in my hands for a long time and reading this has me really looking forward to getting it in my hands.   Was curious too how it would compare to my sparrow, alpine , and axiom i am waiting on.  I also picked up a PWS summit action I plan on using, should even make it better yet to not have the 10/22 action noise

Thanks for the post
View Quote

I have no doubt that PWS T3 action would be even more ridiculous. I actually was somewhat dismissive of the PWS action previously.... Until last night when I shot the Mist on my NoDak 10/22. I was blown away but then realized I might need to push the limits further and my first thought was "I should see if I can fit a T3 into the budget!"
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:58:42 AM EDT
[#9]
My mist has been sitting in the safe for a year. I really need to buy a host for it
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Compared to the Leonidas, how does it stack up?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Great. Now I want a T3 + Mist.

Nice review. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What do you have to do though to clean an integral like that?  Little too big for a tumbler or ultra sonic.
View Quote

I'm thinking that the aft portions of the baffle will get the most crud which happens to be right around the forward portion of the stock.  OP, are you thinking that you'll need to remove the stock to clean?  Any chance you can post some picks after you put a bunch of rounds through the Mist...curious to see the gunk buildup and your cleaning technique.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/9KZ8pT1.jpg

I'm thinking that the aft portions of the baffle will get the most crud which happens to be right around the forward portion of the stock.  OP, are you thinking that you'll need to remove the stock to clean?  Any chance you can post some picks after you put a bunch of rounds through the Mist...curious to see the gunk buildup and your cleaning technique.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In theory one could take a length of Schedule 40 PVC, glue an endcap on it, and make themselves a simple bath for it for a dip or something similar...or use a metal pipe, or something similar if the PVC would be damaged by the cleaner?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Nice review. Thanks.
View Quote
Do it.  You won't regret it.

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice review. Thanks.

That curly maple stock isn't helping the lust either. Beautiful.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In theory one could take a length of Schedule 40 PVC, glue an endcap on it, and make themselves a simple bath for it for a dip or something similar...or use a metal pipe, or something similar if the PVC would be damaged by the cleaner?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Made out of aluminum, no dip.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

How well does simple green work on it? Should work great for carbon but I don't know about the lead/brass?

Edit - oh wait, never mind, simple green corrodes aluminium, too
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
How well does simple green work on it? Should work great for carbon but I don't know about the lead/brass?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is so much volume in the Mist it doesn't get packed like a muzzle can..  I usually clean with a brush and some Fireclean.  I don't care to get it spotless.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top