Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2023 4:23:34 AM EDT
Receivers can't come in.

My importer SOT buddy is baffled and he wants to try and bring in those Canukistani receivers that Castrudeau is holding hostage from us God fearing 'mericans.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
Fluffy keeps buying them up.
View Quote

Between me and Mr Evil, we have all of them

Link Posted: 8/11/2023 10:10:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: a390st] [#3]
You might want to get some advice from Mel Bishop on importing Garands from Canada.  I'd say he'd probably has some pretty good input on the subject

ETA:  It's been probably about a decade since that debacle, so I don't know if the guys involved are still kicking or not.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By a390st:
You might want to get some advice from Mel Bishop on importing Garands from Canada.  I'd say he'd probably has some pretty good input on the subject

ETA:  It's been probably about a decade since that debacle, so I don't know if the guys involved are still kicking or not.
View Quote

It’s been nearly 25 years and he’s been dead for 15
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]
If you buy them as cheap as Fluffy, it would still cost likely the same as a complete rifle to build them. All M1 rifle parts are expensive nowadays. It is also getting hard to find some good condition parts for decent prices as the market is getting flooded with poor condition parts or NOS supplies are getting thin. Just look at what NOS or hardly used gas cylinders and elevation pinions go for now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#6]
US made or Italian made?

I have all four US makers covered.   No italians other than the odd Breda or Beretta part if I didn’t swap them out by now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By pepe-lepew:
If you buy them as cheap as Fluffy, it would still cost likely the same as a complete rifle to build them. All M1 rifle parts are expensive nowadays. It is also getting hard to find some good condition parts for decent prices as the market is getting flooded with poor condition parts or NOS supplies are getting thin. Just look at what NOS or hardly used gas cylinders and elevation pinions go for now.
View Quote

I could probably build at least two garands with my spares not counting receivers, op rods, and barrels.  I have some need work stocks that were given to me.   One oversized Greek beechwood that has a mis cut notch that blocks the clip latch pin from walking out.  That one tempts me.   Some shrunken and twisted USGI stocks that could be bedded.   I am not that desperate though.   If anything I looked at them if I wanted practice stocks for national match bedding a new stock later.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

You can't be serious!  There's no way time went by that fast.  I wouldn't have thought it had been that long in a million years.
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#9]

You can't be serious!  There's no way time went by that fast.  I wouldn't have thought it had been that long in a million years.
View Quote

Yep,hes been gone for a while now.Bought a Winchester receiver from him and some M10 ammo cans full of SL M2 ball ammo as well.
Top Top