Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 3:05:00 PM EDT
.......Adding sh*t to this shotgun....Like I said in the thread when i got this shotgun, all of my other shotguns are "traditional tactical"............but I had to have one to hang and clamp sh*t on...And now I think I am done....what do you fellas think?

Police trade in 870 magnum
Factory extension
Mesa Tactical High tube adaptor
S&J 22" top rail
Mesa 8rd sidesaddle
Hogue AR grip
Aluminum railed forend
KZ Aluminum verticle grip
TLR-1 weaponlight
P.O.F. full hooded front sight
LMT AR style rear

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
oh my
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
since you asked...

LOL
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I approve of this!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the comments fellas....Not sure what I'll do with this one yet...putting it together was for fun

kinda of like...I have AR's I use, and some I have tacticooled up for fun. Guess it was about time I did one of my shotguns the same way
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#5]
you're missing the UBR stock...

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
You do need one more thing - a sling.  Of course, that means you need some sling swivels.

Assuming you are right handed,  isn't the the wrong side for a side saddle?  Wouldn't you want it on the right side for easy access when reloading.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey thanks man,
Got a sling, a single point, mounts with a QD swivel in that little hole on either side of the reciever adaptor,
Also, I am right handed, the side saddle is on the correct side, you reload with your offhand so it is always appropriate to have the saddle on the left side of the reciever if you are a right handed shooter.
However...mesa does sell an aditional 4rd sidesaddle that mounts to the right side of the reciever behind the ejection port

Quoted:
You do need one more thing - a sling.  Of course, that means you need some sling swivels.

Assuming you are right handed,  isn't the the wrong side for a side saddle?  Wouldn't you want it on the right side for easy access when reloading.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Gotta say, that's a lotta sh*t on there...you told us all about the gear, but how's she run?  How does ti compare to your other traditional tacticals?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish...lol,
but I have been thinking about a different stock though...I was putting some thought into the Ace socom stocks

Quoted:
you're missing the UBR stock...

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I would of went for a rail that just mounted on top of the receiver, not a full length, it looks too heavy with a full length. How heavy is it?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Runs like a raped ape...fast....dead on...just heavy.
It is mindlessly stoopid accurate with Brenneke black magic short magnum, and Ranger low recoil slugs, partly because you have the ability to really dial it in with the AR style sights. With slugs or buck it is just dead on to POA.
Really ergo, and comfy, so it handles fast, with much less felt recoil compared to most of my standard stocked pumps, and even less felt recoil than my 870 with Speedfeed IVs with an R3

Overall really cool...just a bit out of mold for me

Quoted:
Gotta say, that's a lotta sh*t on there...you told us all about the gear, but how's she run?  How does ti compare to your other traditional tacticals?

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#12]
i really dont get why peopel think the set up it heavy?
wimps i say
Try one of the endine recoil buffers it you can they work  so well, not liek the crapy knoxx /blackhawk stuff
bbb
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
....what do you fellas think?

Can I play too?  Something you missed that is actually very useful and thank God will add no real weight, is an oversized safety.  It may look big to you but it is really not.  

Like all men, you are focused on the BIG stuff and missed the important little details.

Other things you missed:  Tripod, laser, Aimpoint and bayonet lug.  Should still be under 12-13 pounds with all that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#14]
lol......nah..I run a vang safety on one of my other 870's...not too big or anything like that, but helpful when you are using a standard shotgun stock. With the pistol grip and AR style stock, the oversized safety just isn't a necessity, I can manipulate the safety wih the inner pad of my trigger finger very easy...However, I'm sure one will end up on it.

Quoted:
Quoted:
....what do you fellas think?

Can I play too?  Something you missed that is actually very useful and thank God will add no real weight, is an oversized safety.  It may look big to you but it is really not.  

Like all men, you are focused on the BIG stuff and missed the important little details.

Other things you missed:  Tripod, laser, Aimpoint and bayonet lug.  Should still be under 12-13 pounds with all that.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#15]
yeah man...that enidine is on my short list to get, I really wanna try one of those,
and no...it's not that heavy..just heavier than any other I have
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#18]
very funny.......

Quoted:
You forgot one accessory from the JC Whitney catalog.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/229553/Back%20Off.jpg

Bonus points though for still retaining the stock bead front sight.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Keep that crap off my AK...err...shotgun!

Actually, it looks pretty interesting. I think it would be kind of fun to shoot...probably weighs a lot though, doesn't it?

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would make it rather difficult to eject spent shells.

LOL!

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#22]
These additions do add up.  That is why it is important to have a sling.  If you have to carry it around, the sling helps spread the load.  If you have to hold someone at bay while awaiting the police, the sling really helps.

I am profoundly right handed.  It never even occurred to me to reload using the left hand.  I'll have to try that next time I'm practicing or at the range.  

It's a "DUH!, why didn't I think of that?" type of thing.

I never use a side saddle, so I was poking at that.  Looks like he's got it where he wants it.  "... hard to eject shells."  LOL!      I do something else.  The shotgun is heavy enough as it is.  I keep my ammo on my person.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Ok looks good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top