Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 6:01:26 PM EDT
Ok, I just got my Ar back from the gunsmith and my sights are wayyyyy to freaking high!

Colt AR lower, Noveske 12.5 barrel, VLTOR Mur-1 upper, PRI rifle length rail and LMT detachable front sight, GG&G 40 L BUIS and Eotech 553.   All three bore sight, two laser one old glass one say low left. I now have just low.   Do I need a new front sight? The front post is all the way down and will not go any lower.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the front sight ment for a gas block?  If so that will be too high if you put it on a quad rail.  The sights for the quad rail arent as tall since the quad rail sits up higher than the rail on the gas block.  If you put one for a gas block on a quad it will sit up too high and wont allow it to go down all the way.  Only way to fix it is to get a sight ment for a rail
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#2]
When I ordered the site it said for a rail.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:33:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When I ordered the site it said for a rail.

Maybe they meant it will fit any rail, ie a gas block has a rail.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#4]
If its the one that looks like a regular front sight it is probibally ment for a gas block.  I have never seen one of those from LMT for the quad rail  If the sight is all tehe way screwed in and still shoots WAY low I would bet that sight is for a gas block not a quad rail
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:45:51 AM EDT
[#5]
time to order a new site,

Thank you for the feed back
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If its the one that looks like a regular front sight it is probibally ment for a gas block. I have never seen one of those from LMT for the quad rail If the sight is all tehe way screwed in and still shoots WAY low I would bet that sight is for a gas block not a quad rail

Interesting, since the only LMTs I have ever seen are for quad rails.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ok, I just got my Ar back from the gunsmith and my sights are wayyyyy to freaking high!

Colt AR lower, Noveske 12.5 barrel, VLTOR Mur-1 upper, PRI rifle length rail and LMT detachable front sight, GG&G 40 L BUIS and Eotech 553.   All three bore sight, two laser one old glass one say low left. I now have just low.   Do I need a new front sight? The front post is all the way down and will not go any lower.  

If your front sight post is all the way down, you will indeed be shooting high as hell. Adjust the front sight post UP and your POI will come down.

Also, have you shot it yet? Bore sighting isn't a precise measurement...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If its the one that looks like a regular front sight it is probibally ment for a gas block. I have never seen one of those from LMT for the quad rail If the sight is all tehe way screwed in and still shoots WAY low I would bet that sight is for a gas block not a quad rail

Interesting, since the only LMTs I have ever seen are for quad rails.

Thats what I thought too. Maybe it's a LMT copy made by UTG or something.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I took it to the range and sighted it in today. Getting paid time and half for shooting, I love this job.  It shot dead on for height at 50 yards but is shooting left even with the rear cranked as far as it can.   I wonder if anyone makes a front sight that moves?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top