Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2003 7:33:29 PM EDT
Review:  Well for those of us that were not blessed with a trust fund to purchase a preban, Thank God for ORF!  I purchased this rifle off the internet and was all excited went to the range and inserted the mag and nothing.  It seemed the bolt was not slamming home.  I talk to Todd via email and we figured out it was a "breaking in" issue and problem solved.   Took it to the range, ie back yard, and fired off 100 rounds.  The rifle was shooting high and to the left, which I soon figured out "crap need a screwdriver". Anyway fired all my ammo and it wooked great.  It is IMHO the best "combat" shooting rifle I own.  It does get a little dirty and still trying to figure out the double roller thing.  Kinda looks like a typical German anything, over engineered, but smooth.  Also Todd is a great guy and was a pleasure to deal with, ie customer service was excellent!!!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you buy it on GunBroker?? I had my eye on one that was$950. Had the money in hand, watched this RF-93 for a few days, and then someone bid on it. Needless to say, I let it go, and bought a mint Greek SAR-8.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya thats the one
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#3]
He's currently building me a RF53 with a 16" barrel. He should be shipping it this week. I am very excited. He has a fair price on 25rd steel mags too. I don't like the 40 rounders.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 4:36:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I almost bought that one too. Small world. He had it on the EE here and then put it on the auction...Marv...he seemed like a good guy too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Rapid Fire built FAL thats a fine rifle and did'nt cost much more than a Century built rifle.

I thought about Rapid Fire 93, but then I'd have to belly up for some HK mags. I'm sure there fine rifles.

I'm gonna wait till Todd at Special Weapons brings out his new multi caliber rifle in 2004. From what he's said about it so far I believe he's got a winner with this one. I've got plenty of AR 15 and 223 AK mags and it will take both with a magwell change.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:36:58 AM EDT
[#6]
My RF53SD is done....he posted it on his web-site. He is test firing it this morning and if it works...he's shipping it today.

I scraped up enough money to order 5 - 25rd steel mags from him with the gun, so my mag woows are taken care of...otherwise the mag price and availability are for sure a drawback.

http://www.ohiorapidfire.com/photos/RF53SDA2.jpg

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought Todd was going out of the civilian busniess, and just doing military only?
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I think in the future he's going to supply the parts and another company will assemble and market the products for civilian sales.

I believe he said liability insurance was to costly for the volume of civilian sales he had. Thats what I made of his statement.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I got my RF53. Fit and finish is very nice. There is a little up & down wiggle in the grip frame, but this is somewhat common. I ordered 5 - 25rd steel mags with the gun. They fit tight..vertically. They fit fine in the gun, but had to be smacked with some authority to snap into place. This has already become easier after inserting and taking them out repeatidly. It has a pencil weight barrel beyound the front sight. I like this as it reduces weight and balances quite nice. I wanted to put the plastic SD type shroud on the gun to match my 9mm and .45. Guess what, this thing is not designed for a .223....it melted. I have designed an aluminum endcap that I will retro fit the plastic shroud with and it will work fine. I have tested all 5 mags and shot over 200 rounds thru it now. 100% function. I've shot winchester white box, 2 different handloads and Wolf. Ejects very forceful to the front right..about 20 yards away:)..I have only done informal plinking, so no accuracy info. I didn't buy it for benchrest anyway. It was dead on for windage and a couple inches high on dirt clods at 25 yards.

I would buy it again in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#10]
My HK 33/93 is fast becoming my favorite rifle and I cant wait to get my hands on a G36/SL8.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top