Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope this continues into next spring, cause I’m missing some gear and get  can’t  the off to join you guys.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure yet what the 2020 plan may look like.  What I do know is that we have two back to back dates scheduled for November.  I will be discussing with the group shortly what those days may look like and end up being.

Winter break is coming for sure as I dont want to deal with the weather.

What I have learned from all of this is that many dudes claim to have the gear and apparently are ok with looking at the stars in their backyard and running their laser on the neighbor's cat.

We have presented an outstanding venue and opportunity and through that gained some great friends.

The big question is the juice worth the squeeze ?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a great time working with you guys Saturday night. Thanks to crossgun for setting things up and providing a great venue, and also thanks to everyone for being safe. I'll plan to be back in November as long as the work schedule allows.

-Other Jason
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
It is if you are happy with all the logistic stuff you have to do as the host. I'd have paid more than you asked for (I tried :-) ). As a single, next time I'd get a Room - the 4 hour drive, training, and drive back killed me. *OR* if a -guaranteed- 1 or more people were going to camp after training, I'd do that - I didn't want to be the lone guy in a tent in the middle of nowhere with a ton of gear, LOL! This is the best deal going if you have NODs and can't shoot locally - no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It is if you are happy with all the logistic stuff you have to do as the host. I'd have paid more than you asked for (I tried :-) ). As a single, next time I'd get a Room - the 4 hour drive, training, and drive back killed me. *OR* if a -guaranteed- 1 or more people were going to camp after training, I'd do that - I didn't want to be the lone guy in a tent in the middle of nowhere with a ton of gear, LOL! This is the best deal going if you have NODs and can't shoot locally - no doubt about it.
View Quote
That facility is awesome for camping. Slept there many nights.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone camping out in November? I'm debating on camping or getting a hotel depending on how cold it is lol.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe a few of us can show up early and help set up?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok price just went up for you  Getting a room is a good idea IMO.  Did have a camper this time at the range and another who camped close at a different site.

What are you worried about?  I would be more worried for the poor soul that stumbled into your campsite.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maybe a few of us can show up early and help set up?
View Quote
We may have to do that in November as it will be darker sooner!  Not to mention there will be other events taking place before us.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Me and some friends who are coming out on the 30th of Nov are trying to figure that one out too.

I plan on camping unless its hella cold or shit out and then ill just wander into a town and see what they have open for the night.

Worst case i sleep in my car
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I will likely be camping again.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anybody in the group have a Photonis Echo Gen 2+ WP? I keep going back and forth on a TNVC PVS14 L3 Gen 3 Omni VIII WP and a JRH Photonis Echo Gen 2+ WP. We have all read the stellar reviews on the Omni units. I have also read stellar reviews on the Echos. I am trying to find out how much of a difference is there between the two and does the Omni justify the extra $1000?
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does anybody in the group have a Photonis Echo Gen 2+ WP? I keep going back and forth on a TNVC PVS14 L3 Gen 3 Omni VIII WP and a JRH Photonis Echo Gen 2+ WP. We have all read the stellar reviews on the Omni units. I have also read stellar reviews on the Echos. I am trying to find out how much of a difference is there between the two and does the Omni justify the extra $1000?
View Quote
Iam in the same dilemma...
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I can tell ya the NightGoggles PVS-14 Echo has the lowest price out there ($2575) and a life time warranty on the system and 10 year on the tube, the best warranty in the Industry.

With that said, if you can afford a Gen 3 system, always get that. You will not be dissapointed when it's really dark out there in terms of resolution.
View Quote
Thank you for the information, how far are the echo units backordered? Is the wait similar now to the gen3 L3 wp?
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I camped at Nelson Ledges last time

It was kinda nice,

If you can deal with the meth hippies...

Link Posted: 11/2/2019 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I will check with NGI Monday. I know they just shipped out appro,. 11 units last week or were just about to. Photonis is shipping their Echo tubes as fast as they can.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I camped at Nelson Ledges last time

It was kinda nice,

If you can deal with the meth hippies...
View Quote
In high school, all the druggy kids would rant and rave about going to "the ledges"
Apparently Nelsons ledges is a known hot spot for drug activity and they even have some hippie music festivals
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 5:58:58 AM EDT
[#20]
WOW, hey dudes

I have hiked that area numerous times in the past with the kids but never really ventured to that "far" side.  Guess I'm glad I didnt.  Drastik next time just stay on site and work the camping details out directly through me and I will arrange as I know you got bumped around a little when trying to camp through the website.  jason99xj stayed on site during our last outing and appears to have survived.  I doubt his stay was as entertaining as your's though.

At the end of our next outing, if the group wants a scenario based activity we could patrol over to the ledges and really see what, or who, happens there after dark.  Just saying I would be down with that.  Nothing like the flicker of a camp fire under NODs.

Patrol to contact anyone?
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ronin

I have reviewed the equipment list of the usual attendees and it doesn't look good for anyone currently running the Echo tube.  I can insure that I could get you a peek behind TNVC WP L3 Gen 3 tubes.  I get the budget thing but in this game its worth the wait till you can afford.  I believe the Echo is Gen 2 by our US standards.  Dont rule out Green, I would rather have Gen3 Green for not much more money that Gen2 WP.  It really is hard to buy something you cant see and touch.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
WOW, hey dudes

I have hiked that area numerous times in the past with the kids but never really ventured to that "far" side.  Guess I'm glad I didnt.  Drastik next time just stay on site and work the camping details out directly through me and I will arrange as I know you got bumped around a little when trying to camp through the website.  jason99xj stayed on site during our last outing and appears to have survived.  I doubt his stay was as entertaining as your's though.

At the end of our next outing, if the group wants a scenario based activity we could patrol over to the ledges and really see what, or who, happens there after dark.  Just saying I would be down with that.  Nothing like the flicker of a camp fire under NODs.

Patrol to contact anyone?
View Quote
I'm down for some dark night gooning early next year.  That's how I got my dirtbikes trailer back from my neighbor
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 1:33:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm running a NGI Echo WP PVS14, happy with it so far. I think one of the guys from PA ordered one but it didn't arrive in time for Oct, so might be 2 of them there in Nov.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 6:40:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Sorry Jeff guess I forgot that your 14 was an Echo.  Come to think of it we ended last month looking through yours while discussing Jason's order with TNVC.

There you go the Ohio Night Vision Group has the spectrum covered.  From the MAWL to a Lasermax uni-IR laser and 14s of just about every type to RNVGs and BNVD ULs.  Great sampling or both white and IR illuminators as well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Had a date been set for the next outing?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Had a date been set for the next outing?
View Quote
Yes, it's after Thanksgiving. Have you emailed Crossgun for more info?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Not for the November one, but I will.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:31:26 AM EDT
[#28]
I will get you guys an email out in the next day or two but I currently have the range reserved for TWO nights!  November 29th and 30th.  Not sure if we will do both nights, depends on your guys interest.  Original plan was for two nights so we could build off night one and to help justify the drive and travel for some.

One option for BLACK Friday is for us to shoot the Reactive Shooting Course or Rogers Target System which is a computer controlled, reactive steel pneumatic target system.  Pistol or PCC, white light and under NODs!  Trust me that probably aint going to happen anywhere else other than Georgia so it could be really cool!

Check it out

ROGERS TARGET SYSTEM EXPLANATION

Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#29]
That looks awesome! I'm in for both nights in November if there is enough interest.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Sadly that's the new rifle deer opener here in PA, so with my dad in town we'll be occupied with the orange army.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sadly that's the new rifle deer opener here in PA, so with my dad in town we'll be occupied with the orange army.
View Quote
Really?  So much for the first Monday after Thanksgiving.  What about getting days off school?  How will the deer now know when season begins seeing everyone cant sight in on Sunday now?  What the hell is going on in the Keystone state?  After thought I guess its been a long time since I roamed the Allegheny as a resident.

Good Luck to all and Hunt Safe.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#32]
So is there enough interest to at least do the 30th?
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So is there enough interest to at least do the 30th?
View Quote
I've been meaning to follow up on this with Crossgun but just kept forgetting lol.

I plan on being there as long as it's still on.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 2:56:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Me and my brother are still down for the 30th, didn't see any updates though. Hope my 5320 gets here before then.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:52:51 AM EDT
[#35]
YES to the 30th as of now.  I will get an update out this weekend and confirm all.

I need to have your info on file, the sent questionnaire must be filled out or no entry!  Some of you who have recently commented have yet to get me the required info.

Look for an email and if you need to contact me directly [email protected] would be best.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ronin

I have reviewed the equipment list of the usual attendees and it doesn't look good for anyone currently running the Echo tube.  I can insure that I could get you a peek behind TNVC WP L3 Gen 3 tubes.  I get the budget thing but in this game its worth the wait till you can afford.  I believe the Echo is Gen 2 by our US standards.  Dont rule out Green, I would rather have Gen3 Green for not much more money that Gen2 WP.  It really is hard to buy something you cant see and touch.
View Quote
i will be showing up with the 4g echo this time. jsut got mine. the specs are amazing for gen "2" and for the price and what i have used it for so far, maybe 3 hrs, it is great. I recommend it and will be running around next week with it out there.  JW had one the 1st outing and was enough for me to buy one.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Me and my brother are still down for the 30th, didn't see any updates though. Hope my 5320 gets here before then.
View Quote
@BigxCat When did you submit your 5320.20? I assume it's for a SBR lower? If for some reason it isn't approved in time I am bringing 2 SBR lowers with approved 5320.20's. You're welcome to use one. They both have Geissele SSA triggers.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I would gladly donate my >200m range, complete with IPSC steel and small “shoot house” to the cause in North Alabama.

It only looks to be about 6-inches away from North Ohio on Google Maps.
View Quote
If you ever do a night training I'd be interested (and I'm sure one of my friends is) to travel up to there from Florida.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@BigxCat When did you submit your 5320.20? I assume it's for a SBR lower? If for some reason it isn't approved in time I am bringing 2 SBR lowers with approved 5320.20's. You're welcome to use one. They both have Geissele SSA triggers.
View Quote
I believe I sent it in on the 8th, yep for my SBR lower. Thank you very much, I may have to take you up on that. I could bring my 14.5 rifle but I would have to move and rezero my laser unfortunately.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Saturday November 30th event CANCELED
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Saturday November 30th event CANCELED
View Quote
Ah crap - you aren't out any money, are you? I'll donate to help out.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ah crap - you aren't out any money, are you? I'll donate to help out.
View Quote
$12738 bucks!  You want my PayPal?

No fortunately based on the forecast the range understood plus we were up against a PRS match that day which would have had us starting at low light or near dark.  The weather was the big driving factor and it really didnt show its ugly until after midnight, damn it.  I really believe that with guys at all different levels that some daylight shooting and skills assessment is needed as well as giving some familiarity with the property. Most of the guys are coming from 3+ hours out and I just couldnt in good faith ask them to suffer through pouring rain and cold without having a warm shelter to break in.  As you know with so much to accomplish in such a short time once we go dark there are no breaks.  With limited hours and only one evening your drinking from a fire hose.  I saw and heard how hard that was on you guys during the first outing.  Apparently 8-10 hours of range time and movement combined with six hours of drive time to and from is tough on you guys?

Overall trying to provide these outings did cost me a few bucks in the long run but I learned as well and nothing is free.  I just covered the range fees in all cases and ate the support equipment and targets which I can no longer do.  This is mainly in part to just not having enough attendance or not charging enough.  I struggle with that as I wanted to provide a cost effective venue.  I know what the cost of shooting a match is be it a USPSA, 3-Gun or PRS.  I know the cost of a round of clays, cost per hour to use the indoor range and also what I pay a day for training so I guess for $50 everyone received a great value.  The range fee isnt cheap at all but I dont know of another location that has so much to offer especially for NVG use on top of letting us pull the trigger in the dark.  Sadly many NVG owners are content with owning the gear and just showing it off to their buddies.  Im more than confident they are not training it to their full potential but then again we see that in the daylight as well.

From its initial intended purpose I really dont know as of now where this is heading into next year.  What I do know for sure is that everyone who has attended or showed interest will continue to have opportunities to practice their night visions skills if they would like.  I have made many new like minded friends and you guys have made large investments for us not to continue to get together and train to our full potential.

If only it was dark all the time...
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

$12738 bucks!  You want my PayPal?
View Quote
R-D-R-R

I'd probably go up to $150, if that helps - awesome value even at that. I mean sh*it - my local crappy indoor range charges $20/Hr to shoot 1 round per second without moving a muscle or the "RSO" comes along with his Oxygen Tank trailing...
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#46]
I want you to save that for your gas tank and come back next year.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Crossgun, I appreciate all of your hard work to make this happen. Looking forward to next year!
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Following
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 11:56:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Well I was one of those supposed to show up on the 30th

Tbh im not that heart broken that it got canceled. I'm not sure what i was thinking when i planned for the end of November. Never good weather that time of the year

I do plan on making out to the one in March? if you're still going to do one. My form 20 will still be good and by god i wanna use it lol

I'll keep checking this thread every once in a while

Feel free to shoot me an email if you get anymore details about an upcoming event
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Will do as your on the short list.  Of course as luck would have it the heavy rain didn't arrive till after midnight.  That PRS Match though did run long and would have stolen valuable opportunities from many of you guys.

We have been very lucky in that everyone who has attended really had their shit squared away from a safety standpoint thank God which allowed us to roll in many different directions. I believe a lot guys learned the pros and cons of their night vision set ups and overall kit.  Many made adjustments and sought upgrades to their NV equipment after attending and being put through the paces.  This isnt standing in your backyard looking at the stars and lasing your neighbors cat so you can feel good about your investment nor is it run and gun.  As I see more groups forming since I started this or at least the desire the default format from them seems to be run and gun and I believe that to be totally wrong to support the gear and technology.  Maybe that's all they know and do when they go to the range. Isn't night vision about stealth?  I know I am typing to myself and no one is listening but I guess I have different ideas on what or how I want my personal NV training to go especially after taking numerous classes from the dudes that actually know and have used the technology while in the shit.

Aiming for either end of February or beginning of March to try and catch that last hour of darkness before the time change but still need to keep an eye on the weather.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top