Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:35:31 PM EDT

About 9 months ago, the local gunshop owner put a SOCOM in my hands.

I have batted around the idea of an M1A variant for years, but couldnt really swing the bucks or
other guns were higher on my wish-list.
Today I succumbed to my wicked desires.
Templar is guilty of aiding and abetting in this assault on my checking account, as I purchased the rifle from him at his place of employment. Actually, Templar did well by me.
Thanks to him!
I hope to get to the range in the next few days to try this bad boy out.
In the mean-time, I need to know the destination of more of my dough.
Armalite for mags, I am told, and tools from Springfield.
Optics are the real question, I suppose. I have a reflex sight on my A2 I dont use much,
mostly because I see a ghost image of the reticle in holo scopes.
Any comments on the Springfield scope mount?
That combined with an ACOG TA01B seems like one solution, but man that ACOG is a wallet killer.
I am open to suggestions on optics.
ANd that forthcoming Troy stock has me thinking too.
Lord, Lord I be addicted to black rifles!

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Oh well, I fought the law.............

I dont have a damn clue how to post pics on this forum

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd pass on the Springfield mount.  I bought one of the 3rd gens for my Socom and it will not stay tight and zeroed.

I'm looking at the Arms and Smith Mounts now.  The Springfield mount is worth as little as this 40 gig hard drive on my desk I use as a paperweight, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#4]

My buddy has the Gen 3 on his M1A standard grade.
Last time we went to the range, he had the same problem.
I'd loc-tite blue it, if it had a allen head, phillips, or hex head, rather than the knob/straight blade configuration.

I saw the Arms, and it doesnt look bad, and uses a hex bolt config. rater than knurled knob.
I havent seen the Smith's, link me please?

Thanks
DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top