Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/7/2016 1:12:23 PM EDT
In interest of putting together a mk14 mod 0 this  year, I thought it would be good to have an all things EBR in one thread like we have with the mk12 thread.

I do not have nearly enough wisdom about these rifles to post all relevant info, but maybe others can chime in. I am learning about these as I go.  
(pictures are not mine, all credit goes to owners)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(from wiki)
The Mk 14 enhanced battle rifle (EBR) is an American selective fire military designated marksman rifle chambered for the 7.62×51mm NATO cartridge. It is a variant of the M14 battle rifle and was originally built for use with units of the United States Special Operations Command, such as the United States Navy SEALs, Delta Force, and task specific ODA units.

The creation of the Mk 14 Mod 0 EBR began in 2000 after a request by United States Navy SEALs for a more compact M14 battle rifle.In 2001, Mike Rock Rifle Barrels was the only rifle barrel maker asked by United States Special Operations Command to participate in a SOPMOD conference to create what would be the Mk 14 Mod 0 EBR, with details that include a collapsible stock that was requested for the new rifle and with an aluminum body with telescopic rails. Mike Rock collaborated with engineer Jim Ribordy to make the new rifle. Tests showed that their rifle was effective, but had excessive noise problems.

In 2003, Ron Smith and Smith Enterprise, Inc. created its own version of the M14 EBR (MK14 SEI), which used a medium heavy weight 18.0" barrel and was more widely favored than the rifle made by Rock and Ribordy. The Smith Enterprise-based MK14 was then used as a basis to eventually create the Mk 14 Mod 0 with Springfield Armory, Inc. being tasked to supply the necessary machinery needed to create the weapon in cooperation with the Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane Division

United States Navy SEALs were the first forces to be armed with the EBR in 2004, followed by the U.S. Coast Guard. The U.S. Army is also being armed with the M14EBR-RI, being created and updated by the Weapons Product Support Integration Directorate of the TACOM Life Cycle Management Command at the Keith L. Ware Test Facility in Rock Island Arsenal, Illinois; having fielded approximately 5,000 units by mid-2010.United States Marine Corps units were also considering the EBR,but wound up instead developing the M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle.

The rifle has seen limited service outside of the U.S., primarily with the Australian SASR in their Afghanistan deployment.

The weapon takes the standard M14 action and replaces the standard 22.0" barrel with an 18.0" barrel, The barreled action is then bolted into a telescoping chassis stock system, with a pistol grip, a different front sight, Harris bipod, four Picatinny accessory rails (which surround the barrel), and a more effective flash hider in place of the standard lugged USGI flash suppressor. A paddle-type bolt stop similar to that of the M4 carbine is used on the rifle. The EBR chassis system stock is made up entirely of lightweight aircraft alloy.

A Kydex hand guard and M68 CCO are also added as standard external accessories, though they are almost always replaced with a vertical foregrip and magnifying scope for better handling and for use in a designated marksman role. A Wind Talker suppressor can be mounted on the DC Vortex flash hider, though the U.S. military did not adopt one to active service.

Sage International had some involvement in the decision of whether to invest approximately $120,000 in an injection mold incorporating into the design the rail attachments or machine the replacement stock from a solid billet of aluminum with the latter being selected, which was then shown at the SHOT Show in Orlando in 2003.

Configurations
Several configurations are available on the Mk 14 Mod 0 EBR, including the attachment of an AN/PVS-4 night vision scope. Others had included the capability of adding two different scopes or sights on the Picatinny rails, for more precision or zoom level.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MK14 MOD 1

Branch of Service: US Navy
Years Built: 2006
Builder: NSWC Crane
Quantity Built: 500
Chassis: Sage M14ALCS/CV
Color: Tan
Pistol Grip: Tango Down BG-16 FDE
Handguard: Tan Short
Vertical Grip: Tangodown BGV-MK46 FDE
Buttstock: Sage M14ALCS/CV-BS
Barrel: SAI 18" Std. 1-11 Twist
Flash Hider: SureFire FH762KM14
Suppressor: SureFire 762K-DE
Front Sight: XS USN2 (11-2166-580-1)
Rear Sight: XS large aperture (0.125")
Gas Lock: SEI 2013 (GLFS-D-18)
Gas system: USGI
Optic: Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x24mm FC-2 w/ZeroStop
Scope Rings: Nightforce A118 (30mm)
Scope Mount: Larue LT-608
Bipod: Tangodown ACB-4 FDE
Sling: Eagle Ind. FNH-ESS 1.25-DEB

MK14 MOD 0/SEI

Branch of service: Navy and Air Force
years built: 2004-2005
Quantity built: 1000
Chassis: Sage M14ALCS
Color: NSG
Pistol Grip: Sage 90905
Handguard: Black full
Vertical Grip: Sage m14VFG (90906)
Buttstock: Sage M14ALCS-BS
Barrel: SAI 18" Std, 1-11 twist
Flash Hider: SEI2000V
Suppressor: m14 direct connect sound suppressor
Rear Sight: XS Large Aperture (0.125")
Gas Lock: SEI2013 (glfs-d-18)
Gas System: USGI
Bolt Stop/Release: SEI2003
Optic: Leupold mk4 1.5-5x (67905) or leupold mk4 3.5-10x (51850)
Scope Rings: Badger 306-29 (30mm)
Scope Mount: Sage M14SCSB
Bipod: Harris 1A2-BRM
Bipod Adapter: KAC98060
Sling: Buffer Tech. TAS-M14
Case: Eagle DC-M14

*from EBR sopmods, explaining the difference between mod 0 and SEI mk14

Both rifles used USGI M14 receiver and bolt. NSWC Crane built 1000 Mk 14 Mod 0 rifles for the US Navy and US Air Force in 2004 and 2005. The Mk 14 SEI was a Mk 14 Mod 0 rifle rebuilt by Smith Enterprise, Inc. for the U. S. Air Force. 125 Mk 14 SEI rifles were built for the Air Force between 2004 and 2008. The parts differences between the two:

Mk 14 Mod 0

Badger 306-29 scope rings
Sage M14SCSB scope mount
Springfield Armory, Inc. 18" 1:11 rate of twist barrel
Sage stock with an uncut top rail
USGI operating rod spring
USGI hammer spring, trigger pin and hammer pin
Leupold & Stevens, Inc. scope (catalog number 51850 or 67905)

Mk 14 SEI

SEI 7008 scope rings
SEI 2006 scope mount
Sage stock top rail was milled at the rear end to accommodate the SEI scope mount
SEI operating rod spring
Smith Enterprise, Inc. 18" 1:10 rate of twist barrel
SEI hammer spring, trigger pin and hammer pin
Leupold & Stevens, Inc. scope (catalog number 67940)

mk14 mod 2

Years Built: 2011
Quantity Built: 250
Chassis: Sage M14ALCS/PMRI-HB
Pistol Grip: Sage M14ERGO
Buttstock: Sage M14ALCS/PMRI-BS
Barrel: 22" heavy 1-10
Flash Hider: SEI 2000V
Suppressor: Wind Talker sound suppressor
Rear Sight:  XS large aperture (0.125")
Scope Rings: Nightforce A118 (30mm))
Sling: Eagle Ind. Eagle Ind. FNH-ESS 1.25-DEB

M39 EMR

Branch of Service: U.S. Marine Corps
Years Built: 2007
Builder: PWS Quantico
Quantity Built: 700
Chassis: Sage M14ALCS (milled rail)
Handguard: Tan full (black full - rare)
Vertical Grip: TangoDown BGV-MK46 FDE
Barrel: Krieger 22" Med. 1-12 (DMR)
Flash Hider: USGI (NM)
Suppressor: Wind Talker sound suppressor
Front Sight: USGI (NM .062)
Rear Sight: USGI (NM - rare)
Gas Lock: USGI
Optic: S&B 3-12x50mm (M8541)
Scope Rings: Badger 306-75 (34mm)
Scope Mount: SEI 2006
Bipod: Harris S-BRM

External reading links

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2011/2/23/the-m14-enhanced-battle-rifle/

http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=377

http://www.athenswater.com/m1a_scout_squad_ebr.htm

http://ebrsopmods.proboards.com/

http://m14forum.com/modern-m14/
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Great thread.  The scope on the first one, DANG!!!

Obviously they're not all replaced with an 18" barrel.  Well at least not all of the ones put in a sage stock by the military and used.  But maybe that's what makes it a Mk14....  I really don't know.  I wonder if you wouldn't want to add the Smith Enterprise's Crazy Horse build in here.  Although I never saved any of those pics back in the day.  I should've....  

This pic was shared with us by our own SteveOh.  
" />
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 2:01:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Here are some Mk14 Mod 0 pics.

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Here are some pics of the Navy Mk14 Mod 1.

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for sharing those!!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 12:58:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing those!!!!
View Quote

indeed!  great start to the thread. let me know if anyone has input for the original info post.  

pic thread
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#10]
That top one looks like the Smith Crazy Horse.  I really like that one!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Should be an awesome thread.  This was going to be my very first rifle, it just never happened after I added everything up.  Hope I don't get the bug for this
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I apologize if these are too far off topic.  Just let me know if you want me to take them down.  I figured it'd be better to ask for forgiveness than permission.  They were fielded by the US Military, I do believe.  I actually don't know what outfits / brances used them though.  

looks like this guy is Army

I realize some of these aren't specifically crazy horse builds, I don't think.....  Just some plain jane M14's with scopes maybe.....

Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Good thread! It'd be nice to go through all of the variations on the first page. I know wiki has a table, however i do not know how accurate that table is!
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I apologize if these are too far off topic.  Just let me know if you want me to take them down.  I figured it'd be better to ask for forgiveness than permission.  They were fielded by the US Military, I do believe.  I actually don't know what outfits / brances used them though.  
View Quote

you're good, lets try to keep it on topic from here out.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Great just what I frigging needed.  Another freedom boner thread.  Ugh....tagging....
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, does that include what the Army uses in the sage stock, or just the Mk14 with the 18" barrel?  

We should make a list of all approved optics.   Although it seems like maybe there were a lot of options, more so than maybe some other clone builds.....    The mounting options are sort of noteworthy also.  Some of those have that rear stripper clip guide rail that doesn't mate with the stock.  And then they'd mount the ring on the front rail and that rear thing.  That seems like the equivalent of mounting a ring on your receiver and one on your FF tube in an AR.  Something that is typically said is a big no no.  I wonder how that worked......

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So, does that include what the Army uses in the sage stock, or just the Mk14 with the 18" barrel?  

We should make a list of all approved optics.   Although it seems like maybe there were a lot of options, more so than maybe some other clone builds.....    The mounting options are sort of noteworthy also.  Some of those have that rear stripper clip guide rail that doesn't mate with the stock.  And then they'd mount the ring on the front rail and that rear thing.  That seems like the equivalent of mounting a ring on your receiver and one on your FF tube in an AR.  Something that is typically said is a big no no.  I wonder how that worked......

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

excellent question. lets do some digging!
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:14:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In interest of putting together a mk14 mod 1 this  year, I thought it would be good to have an all things EBR in one thread like we have with the mk12 thread.

I do not have nearly enough wisdom about these rifles to post all relevant info, but maybe others can chime in. I am learning about these as I go.  
(pictures are not mine, all credit goes to owners)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(from wiki)
The Mk 14 enhanced battle rifle (EBR) is an American selective fire military designated marksman rifle chambered for the 7.62×51mm NATO cartridge. It is a variant of the M14 battle rifle and was originally built for use with units of the United States Special Operations Command, such as the United States Navy SEALs, Delta Force, and task specific ODA units.

The creation of the Mk 14 Mod 0 EBR began in 2000 after a request by United States Navy SEALs for a more compact M14 battle rifle.In 2001, Mike Rock Rifle Barrels was the only rifle barrel maker asked by United States Special Operations Command to participate in a SOPMOD conference to create what would be the Mk 14 Mod 0 EBR, with details that include a collapsible stock that was requested for the new rifle and with an aluminum body with telescopic rails. Mike Rock collaborated with engineer Jim Ribordy to make the new rifle. Tests showed that their rifle was effective, but had excessive noise problems.

In 2003, Ron Smith and Smith Enterprise, Inc. created its own version of the M14 EBR (MK14 SEI), which used a medium heavy weight 18.0" barrel and was more widely favored than the rifle made by Rock and Ribordy. The Smith Enterprise-based MK14 was then used as a basis to eventually create the Mk 14 Mod 0 with Springfield Armory, Inc. being tasked to supply the necessary machinery needed to create the weapon in cooperation with the Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane Division

United States Navy SEALs were the first forces to be armed with the EBR in 2004, followed by the U.S. Coast Guard. The U.S. Army is also being armed with the M14EBR-RI, being created and updated by the Weapons Product Support Integration Directorate of the TACOM Life Cycle Management Command at the Keith L. Ware Test Facility in Rock Island Arsenal, Illinois; having fielded approximately 5,000 units by mid-2010.United States Marine Corps units were also considering the EBR,but wound up instead developing the M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle.

The rifle has seen limited service outside of the U.S., primarily with the Australian SASR in their Afghanistan deployment.

The weapon takes the standard M14 action and replaces the standard 22.0" barrel with an 18.0" barrel, The barreled action is then bolted into a telescoping chassis stock system, with a pistol grip, a different front sight, Harris bipod, four Picatinny accessory rails (which surround the barrel), and a more effective flash hider in place of the standard lugged USGI flash suppressor. A paddle-type bolt stop similar to that of the M4 carbine is used on the rifle. The EBR chassis system stock is made up entirely of lightweight aircraft alloy.

A Kydex hand guard and M68 CCO are also added as standard external accessories, though they are almost always replaced with a vertical foregrip and magnifying scope for better handling and for use in a designated marksman role. A Wind Talker suppressor can be mounted on the DC Vortex flash hider, though the U.S. military did not adopt one to active service.

Sage International had some involvement in the decision of whether to invest approximately $120,000 in an injection mold incorporating into the design the rail attachments or machine the replacement stock from a solid billet of aluminum with the latter being selected, which was then shown at the SHOT Show in Orlando in 2003.

Configurations
Several configurations are available on the Mk 14 Mod 0 EBR, including the attachment of an AN/PVS-4 night vision scope. Others had included the capability of adding two different scopes or sights on the Picatinny rails, for more precision or zoom level.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MK14 MOD 1

Years Built: 2006
Quantity Built: 500
Chassis: Sage M14ALCS/CV
Color: Tan
Pistol Grip: Tango Down BG-16 FDE
Handguard: Tan Short
Buttstock: Sage M14ALCS/CV-BS
Barrel: SAI 18" Std. 1-11 Twist
Flash Hider: SureFire FH762KM14
Suppressor: SureFire 762K-DE
Rear Sight: XS large aperture (0.125")
Scope Rings: Nightforce A118 (30mm)
Sling: Eagle Ind. FNH-ESS 1.25-DEB

http://www.dogfightink.com/Mk14Mod1.jpg

MK14 MOD 0

Branch of service: Navy and Air Force
years built: 2004-2005
Quantity built: 1000
Chassis: Sage M14ALCS
Vertical Grip: Sage m14VFG (90906)
Barrel: SAI 18" Std, 1-11 twist
Flash Hider: SEI2000V
Suppressor: m14 direct connect sound suppressor
Rear Sight: XS Large Aperture (0.125")
Gas Lock: SEI2013 (glfs-d-18)
Gas System: USGI
Bolt Stop/Release: SEI2003
Optic: Leupold mk4 1.5-5x (67905) or leupold mk4 3.5-10x (51850)
Scope Rings: Badger 306-29 (30mm)
Scope Mount: Sage M14SCSB
Bipod: Harris 1A2-BRM
Bipod Adapter: KAC98060
Sling: Buffer Tech. TAS-M14
Case: Eagle DC-M14

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk198/Sniperman16/photo5_zps83aed702.jpg
View Quote

Bad Ass rifle !!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That top one is my rifle.  I should have only a few more months on the correct Surefire FA762K can.
View All Quotes

very nice, can you share your parts and build experience?  what were some road blocks you ran into?  did you start with a base gun? or build it with individual parts?
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We should make a list of all approved optics.  
View Quote

added some to the top post.  let me know if some are incorrect or i need to add some.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

added some to the top post.  let me know if some are incorrect or i need to add some.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We should make a list of all approved optics.  

Well 1 pic showed an Aimpoint....  I guess it would be the M68.....
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

very nice, can you share your parts and build experience?  what were some road blocks you ran into?  did you start with a base gun? or build it with individual parts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I started with a mid-90's Springfield M1A with all USGI parts.  

Road blocks?  First off, for an accurate clone of a Navy Mk14 Mod 1, there are a bunch of exceedingly rare, out of production parts.  The chassis is one of only twelve original contract over run pieces.  The later versions had a different buttstock adapter.  The Magpul 1.25" cheek riser is nearly impossible to find.  The TangoDown bipod is an original version with FDE legs and an FDE center piece; the current production ones have FDE legs and a black center piece.  The Nightforce 2.5-10x24 is hard to find and expensive when available on the used marked.  This one is NOT a current production run with capped windage.  The Wilcox mount that replaces the top half of a Nightforce scope ring and allows the use of a Docter MRDS was only available for a short time through Mod Armory and is now out of production.  The Surefire 762K flash suppressor is out of production.  The Surefire FA762K suppressor took me years to track down.  This is definitely not an easy rifle to clone.

I had Springfield install their 18" barrel that is the same one used on the Navy Mk14 Mod 0 and 1.  I was getting some very inconsistent groups and fliers that were way off, and I was extremely disappointed.  I ended up swapping the barrel for a medium weight 18.5" Criterion.  Now the rifle is a tack driver.  I'm getting accuracy comparable to my Knight's SR25 EC.

I had both at one point, but I sold off the Mod 0....huge regret.  The Mk14 is one of my favorite rifles.

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Road blocks?  First off, for an accurate clone of a Navy Mk14 Mod 1, there are a bunch of exceedingly rare, out of production parts.  The chassis is one of only twelve original contract over run pieces.  The later versions had a different buttstock adapter.  The Magpul 1.25" cheek riser is nearly impossible to find.  The TangoDown bipod is an original version with FDE legs and an FDE center piece; the current production ones have FDE legs and a black center piece.  The Nightforce 2.5-10x24 is hard to find and expensive when available on the used marked.  This one is NOT a current production run with capped windage.  The Wilcox mount that replaces the top half of a Nightforce scope ring and allows the use of a Docter MRDS was only available for a short time through Mod Armory and is now out of production.  The Surefire 762K flash suppressor is out of production.  The Surefire FA762K suppressor took me years to track down.  This is definitely not an easy rifle to clone.

I had Springfield install their 18' barrel that is the same one used on the Navy Mk14 Mod 0 and 1.  I was getting some very inconsistent groups and fliers that were way off, and I was extremely disappointed.  I ended up swapping the barrel for a medium weight 18.5" Criterion.  Now the rifle is a tack driver.  I'm getting accuracy comparable to my Knight's SR25 EC.

<a href="http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/usngm2sw/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1007161216a_zpspobikl0q.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/usngm2sw/Mobile%20Uploads/1007161216a_zpspobikl0q.jpg</a>

I had both at one point, but I sold off the Mod 0....huge regret.  The Mk14 is one of my favorite rifles.

<a href="http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/usngm2sw/media/DSC01239_zpsac2b51af.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/usngm2sw/DSC01239_zpsac2b51af.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/usngm2sw/media/DSC01232_zpseb12f53f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/usngm2sw/DSC01232_zpseb12f53f.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had Springfield install their 18' barrel that is the same one used on the Navy Mk14 Mod 0 and 1.  I was getting some very inconsistent groups and fliers that were way off, and I was extremely disappointed.  I ended up swapping the barrel for a medium weight 18.5" Criterion.  Now the rifle is a tack driver.  I'm getting accuracy comparable to my Knight's SR25 EC.

<a href="http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/usngm2sw/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1007161216a_zpspobikl0q.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/usngm2sw/Mobile%20Uploads/1007161216a_zpspobikl0q.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/usngm2sw/media/DSC01239_zpsac2b51af.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/usngm2sw/DSC01239_zpsac2b51af.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/usngm2sw/media/DSC01232_zpseb12f53f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/usngm2sw/DSC01232_zpseb12f53f.jpg</a>

excellent input. good write up!.

Link Posted: 11/23/2016 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Another Army gun.  

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I just dropped a pretty rare Navy Mk14 kit in the EE.  It's getting harder and harder to find the early GWOT Mk14 stuff.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I just dropped a pretty rare Navy Mk14 kit in the EE.  It's getting harder and harder to find the early GWOT Mk14 stuff.
View Quote

link?
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

link?

It's in the M1/M1A section of the EE.  I think posting for sale links in threads is a no-go.  Anyway, it sold within minutes over on the M14 forum.  The pics are a good representation of what's needed for an accurate Mk14 Mod 0 clone.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#31]
</a>" />

well i cant get the picture to show up on the post, only gives me a link?

oh well here is my EBR
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:38:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Here you go.  Nice build!

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
http://<a href=http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/buntonjonathan/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsoxhj07bf.jpeg</a>" />

well i cant get the picture to show up on the post, only gives me a link?

oh well here is my EBR
View Quote

Your kydex handguard is on backwards.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#34]
thanks for posting my pic

and yes i now realize my hand guard is backwards lol

Link Posted: 1/9/2017 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, still not a Navy build but Marines I guess.  CLOSE.....  

Sorry, double post on this one.  

Maybe this will help.  With a non spec'd larue mount....... Or so it seems.  

AND back to a Non Navy build.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#36]
anyone have a best price on a mod O chassis?

I am seeing 764$ at fulton
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#37]
This is my Mk14 MOD 0. It's built on an LRB barreled action. Everything is as close to mil-spec as possible, aside from not being select fire. It's my favorite firearm and I'm very proud of it. Still need optics. I'll probably either mount a Trijicon VCOG, 6x ACOG, or Elcan Spectre TR on it. I'll be CeraKoting the SAGE chassis Burnt Bronze and leaving the cheek rest, pistol grip, buttpad, and handguard cover black for a two-tone look.

Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#38]
She is a beauty!!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks new get out and shoot that beauty!
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Looks new get out and shoot that beauty!
View Quote

I've put 40 rounds through her. I've been trying like Hell to get my collection built back up, especially when it looked like Hillary was going to be PotUS, so I didn't have a lot of money for ammo. This year, however, will be the year of optics, more mags, ammo, and a couple new firearms.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#41]
God I hate this thread  
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
God I hate this thread  
View Quote

Why? Because it makes your wallet and bank account cry out in terror?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm a long ways off from a proper clone, but this is my EBR build so far:

What it looks like in better weather:

I've gone down the clone building road before with my Mk18 Mod 0 and I got a little OCD with it, so I'll probably just leave this one the way it is.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks good to me.  You must work out to be lugging that thing around......  
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#46]

FIFY

Thats a cool one! 16 inch? details?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Socom 16 in a Sage Ebr.  I replaced the sliding stock with a Vltor Sage adapter.  Modified the kydex guard for the grippod  to pass through it.  Sadlak titanium scope mount.  It also has the Smith Socom 16 muzzle adapter so I could install the vortex hider.  Vortex Razor 1-6 with Adm mount.  Weight as shown is 13.8 lbs but is surprisingly well balanced.  It sucked a lot of money from my pocket but I have no regrets.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Initial mockup with tan handguard and black rings
Attachment Attached File

Scored an ultra rare set of NSG Badger rings and a Crane Mk14 Mod 0 marked bolt
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks awesome.

My dealer fucked up one digit in the serial number on the form 4 for my FA762K.  Hopefully my Mod 1 will be complete sometime in March...
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone have an electronic manuals for the Mk14 Mod 0 and Mk14 Mod 1?  I'm looking for the OM and the TM.  If you have a copy please let me know.  

Thanks
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top