Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2003 9:25:36 PM EDT
Like to find out what is most popular recticles for the 50bmg shooters shooting looong tanges. i'm interested in the 5.5x22x56 model. Recticle models-np-1,np-2dd,np-1rr,np-r2,and the ch one.I like the mildot one,but it probably useless at the extreme ranges(beyond 1,000 yrds). I'm wondering if the np-1,np-2dd,np-1rr are best suited? Also what range is the ranging(bottom portion of the scope) setup for(distance range)?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:21:03 AM EDT
[#1]
NP-R2  ..... I love it!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a NXS 5.5-22x from Don last month for my new AR-50 and couldn't be happier. I called the good folks at Nightforce and quizzed them over different reticles before I ordered the scope. For my type of shooting - benchrest on a measured range - Nightforce said I would be happier with the NPR2, which is marked off in MOA and corresponds to the turret clicks. I considered the Mil-Dot for my AR-50, because I have a Mil-Dot scope on my 300 Ultra Mag which I use for open country mule deer hunting. I know how to use the Mil-Dot and like it a lot, but in benchrest, knowing the range, the NPR2 has turned out to be a better choice for my AR-50.

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top