Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 4:58:17 PM EDT
I'm having a hard time deciding which route I want to go next.  I tend to prefer newer style/technology guns that are lighter, shorter and usable, meaning something I'd have a tendency to use out in the woods, on my ranch, not something to look at, goo goo over and sit in storage.  I'm not a long range shooter, more of a 0 to 150 or 200 yard shooter, mostly up close.  If I was going to shoot long, I'd use one of my current rifles.

I just recently purchased an HK USC which fits well with my style, as it's a common caliber that I already have a lot of and I'll definitely play with some, maybe use for some coyotes and who knows what else and I do like HK products.  I'd really like to get a PS90 but the caliber bothers me, as it's not something I have, and it's not something I expect to find a lot of around here and the PS90 would be the only thing I have the uses it.  Still tho, I'd love to have one in my collection.  Another thought was either the SL8 or maybe an FS2000 as I have a lot of .223 and it'd work well with my others.  I wouldn't object to a 9mm carbine either.  Lastly, I had a thought to build another AR either in 5.56 or 6.8, which I already both calibers.  

Any thoughts or suggestions?  I'm not wanting to spend a lot of cash, like under $2k.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
With the decreased availability of 5.56/.223 ammo, my next build/purchase is going to be a 5.45x39mm. This is due to the abundance of ammo in this area, and the price is comparable to .223.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe an MSAR or a Sig 556.  Both would be different but would fit in your collection.

Doc
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Maybe an MSAR or a Sig 556.  Both would be different but would fit in your collection.

Doc

I was looking at both of these actually but it just recently slipped my mind.  Haven't thought about anything in the 5.45 either... thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:47:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Taking a different tack here, but I'd recommend a CMP Garand and a bunch of HXP ammo.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#5]
How about a Robinson XCR or Sig 556?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top