Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2002 4:31:54 PM EDT
Is this true, can I get more info please? It doesnt show it on their website. Any help will be aprreciated. What price are they going for also, thx.
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't look very hard

www.springfieldarmory.com/whatsnew.shtml scroll down to near the bottom.
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You had better look fast. They`re selling fast and Springfield reportedly only made 10,000 this year. It took me 4 months to get mine and it looks great!
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Springfield's catalog lists a retail of $1,061 for the Garand.    
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Sportsmans Warehouse carries them for $800 retail.  They look decent, but keep in mind the CMP option if you don't mind the hoops you have to jump through to get one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
A store about an hour from me has/had one in stock.

It was made on a Breda receiver and looked real nice. New wood, receiver 100% finish, but the smaller metal parts were more like 98% finish. You know, slightly used parts. Overall, though, not a bad looking rifle at all.

It had a sticker price of $799.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#6]
IMHO
I would go for the CMP option myself, recieved two Garands Fedex at my door within one month of mailing the paperwork (gotta love getting a gun at your door). Excellent customer service too! Besides you are getting a real USGI reciever, not to mention a piece of history. I ordered a USGI and a Danish, they are both excellent shooters!
If you want a new stock go to http://www.boydboys.com, they have new walnut stocks for around 80 bucks.

If you dont want to go the CMP route, GI guns are priced about the same as the "new" Garand.
Recently went to a nice gunshow in Freemont, NE. Genuine Garands in decent shape were going anywhere from $750 and up.

I own an M1A from Springfield, and it is a quality product, I suspect there version of the Garand would be the same. But if I could get a REAL M14 for around the same price (not happening anytime soon)I would jump at the opportunity!

Link Posted: 2/23/2002 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]
If I didn't quality for a CMP, I'd probably go the Orion7 route as he uses USGI receivers. A great value at $850. In fact, it's likely that his battle grade rifles are superior to the CMP service grades, which seem to be hit or miss (and I have two CMP service grades).

www.m1garand.com/Garand%20Rifles.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top