Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 10:54:32 PM EDT
All,

I've seen the Telluric targets but I didn't see one for the A3.  Any tips or trick for zeroing the laser? My Aimpoint is currently zeroed at 100 yards. Can I just line up the laser with my dot?

A3 is mounted in the 12 o'clock position.

Rifle is more for CQB LE work but could be used for hunting yotes at some point.

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
All,

I've seen the Telluric targets but I didn't see one for the A3.  Any tips or trick for zeroing the laser? My Aimpoint is currently zeroed at 100 yards. Can I just line up the laser with my dot?

A3 is mounted in the 12 o'clock position.

Rifle is more for CQB LE work but could be used for hunting yotes at some point.

Thank you
View Quote

Yes you can just over lap you visible laser with your red dot. I would do it at dusk and find the furthest target you can hit with your laser and co-align it to your red dot then your hold overs will be the same for your zero. If your primary use is for night vision I'd zero it the same way at night under nods with your IR laser instead.
I'd also recomend a 50/200 yard zero since your + or - 1.5" out to 220 yards and the rest is hold overs. Depending on your stations SOPs you maybe stuck with a 100 yard zero.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:43:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes you can just over lap you visible laser with your red dot. I would do it at dusk and find the furthest target you can hit with your laser and co-align it to your red dot then your hold overs will be the same for your zero. If your primary use is for night vision I'd zero it the same way at night under nods with your IR laser instead.
I'd also recomend a 50/200 yard zero since your + or - 1.5" out to 220 yards and the rest is hold overs. Depending on your stations SOPs you maybe stuck with a 100 yard zero.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure they make one for the A3

Plus I prefer the constant offset method.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:07:13 AM EDT
[#4]
According to the A3 manual, the aiming lasers are 21mm to the right of center. So I would offer the option that you mark a target with a secondary aiming point 21mm to the right, then Aim your red dot at the center of the target at your zero distance, and adjust your visible laser to be on at the right target.

Now, if you want to be really accurate, the IR laser is vertically about 8.7mm off from the visible laser, so you could account for that too.

Always confirm with live fire when able.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure they make one for the A3

Plus I prefer the constant offset method.
View Quote
I use to also recommend/prefer the constant offset, but there is to much room for error especially at longer distances. With the overlapping/apex method your offset is at a maximum the distance of the laser diode to the center of the barrel and only gets narrower to the point of impact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top