Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:18:57 PM EDT
And they allow full auto!  Not just subguns either - anything up to and including .50 BMG!  

The facility is absolutely first rate and modern (the whole building is brand new, designed to be a range). There is a 75 yard rifle/machine gun range with half a dozen or so shooting positions, and a 25 yard pistol/subgun range with a dozen or more spots.

Finally I have a place to shoot!!!! It ain't exactly cheap, but where else could I go dump a few mags through my M16 on a cold winter's Monday night?

Freedom Armory

Might have to have a few south Pa guys get together there one of these days...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks awesome!  Pricey, but sounds like a great place.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I foresee an increase in the money you spend on ammo.  Congrats.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:13:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!  

Sounds like a really nice facility.

Pricey?  maybe, but state of the art indoor shooting facilities are by nature "pricey" to construct.  

I shoot at an indoor range that has similar features, plus an automated/interactive computer controlled target system for all 15 lanes and, a kickass filtering system which really makes it nice when running MG's inside. Including the property, the cost to construct was in the neighborhood of $6M.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:22:53 AM EDT
[#4]
The owner of my range told me it cost him just over $3M to build his new facility.  He even had the foresight to have an elevator installed (the rifle range is downstairs, mostly subterranian) to make it easier to haul gear and ammo down to the line. The same guy has been my SOT for a couple of years now.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I stop in there all the time.  Their old store was in Shrewsbury, but the just moved to this new location.  I'm planning on buying my first NFA item there (supressor), but their markup is pretty high.  I live in York and use Shupps Gunsmithing for most of my purchases, as he doesn't charge any BS fees, and most things you can order yourself and have it sent to his FFL for transfer for a few bucks.

Those pics on the website are the old place.  I haven't actually seen the new place yet, was planning on stopping next week.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I foresee an increase in the money you spend on ammo.  Congrats.

agreed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top