Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2002 7:01:58 AM EDT
I bought a used rifle this past weekend that I just had to tell you guys about. I also have some pictures that I want to share.

I went looking for a Marlin Lever Action Guide Gun in 45-70 and got cold feet at the $500+ price tag. This coming from someone that doesn't think twice about blowing $800-$1000 on an AR style rifle.

I just wanted something different to shoot. By different I mean "Extreme".

I ended up buying a single shot H&R Ultra Hunter in 450 Marlin. I think its a fine looking rifle. Fit & finish is excellent. I know H&R doesn't exactly sell to the rich & famous nor is this rifle high $ but you wouldn't know it by looking at it.

It only cost $330 and it came with a Bushnell Elite 3200 scope in 2.5-7 power. I figure the scope and rings alone are worth almost $200 so I got the rifle for little more than $100.

I had it to the range Sunday and I had a great time shooting it. Its mighty powerful, in the same league as a 12 gauge shotgun with 3" magnums. Accuracy at 25 yards (I was in an indoor pistol/rifle range) was fantastic. 2 shots easily made on big hole.

If there is a downside its the cost of ammo. At $23 a box of 20 I most likely won't be shooting this very much. Its still a keeper though.

I'm still going to buy the Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 but it will have to wait until the summertime.
Here are some pictures:
A 450 Marlin in between a .223 and a .308

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Not much eye relief on that scope. Be careful!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top