Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 7:59:09 AM EDT
I just received my monthly SOG mailing and I noticed the following:

East German Markov - $295
CZ50 (w/ extra mag) - $149

Neither are marked as C&R, but the BATFE lists both. Going to call on Monday at least for the CZ50 (does that seem like a steep price for the Markov?)

edit: Correcting Markov price.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#1]
im waiting for mine over here on the left coast, do they show any different milsurp rifles from their dec. cat.?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing that jumped out at me, other than the laminated 91/30s for $99.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm waiting for my catalog as well. I would definitely consider getting a Mak if it was C&R.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I paid $139 for my EG Makarov from AIM.

That was several years ago though.

Coles had some for $319 a while back.  There was a lot of complaining but they still sold at that price.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I just received my monthly SOG mailing and I noticed the following:

East German Markov - $295
CZ50 (w/ extra mag) - $149

Neither are marked as C&R, but the BATFE lists both. Going to call on Monday at least for the CZ50 (does that seem like a steep price for the Markov?)

edit: Correcting Markov price.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Please let us know about the E German Maks and if they are C&R.  I am putting together some E German kit and it would be nice to have one for the collection!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#6]
CZ-50 ? ? ?  In 32 ACP ? ? ?

Would LOVE to have one -- to go with my CZ-70. Don't see it listed on their web-site.  

Maybe I should give them a call . . . . .
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
CZ-50 ? ? ?  In 32 ACP ? ? ?

Yup.

Quoted:
Don't see it listed on their web-site.  

Nothing is on they website...everything is in the catalog.

note: from a posting on another site, it appears that SOG does not recognise a CZ50 as a C&R... It appears on page 22 of my BATFE publication:

Czechoslovakian, CZ50 pistol, cal. 7.65mm.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Bad news folks . . . .

Just got off the phone with a nice young lady at SOG . . .

Yes -- they have CZ 50's for sale, but not under C&R status:  "not C&R this time -- it's the way they were brought into the United States".

Not sure what that means, other than I won't be getting one . . . .

Sure would be a nice addition to my CZ 70 and 52's . . . . .

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yes -- they have CZ 50's for sale, but not under C&R status:  "not C&R this time -- it's the way they were brought into the United States".

Anyone want to take a stab as to why the importation method would have any implication on the C&R status? Something smells fishy, here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top