Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2011 5:57:29 AM EDT
hi all

Just picked up a new GSG522 SD model last night.  Read through a bunch of the tacked threads.  (I have wanted one of these since they first came out, just kind of forgot about them till I saw it on the wall at the gun store last night.  Was actually intending on picking up a S&W M&P15-22).

Mine is the new 3rd Gen with the riveted in extractor.  My question is do I need to tear it down and lock tite the screws still?  I plan on doing that tonight as part of my tear it all down, clean and lube before taking it to the range for the first time ritual.  Figured while I'm in there, I'll locktite those screws if it is still needed.

Anything else I need to know about it?  Looking forward to getting it to the range in the next day or too.  I have some CCI Mini-mags to run through it.  (The ammo advice in one of the tacks was very helpful!)
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:07:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be hitting the range this afternoon.  I also just ordered a Primary Arms M3 clone for it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:42:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's a clue.

Nobody is really interested in a post about a new gun.....that's all text.

Post a fucking picture........please.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:49:03 AM EDT
[#3]
True, true.  I'll snap a couple pics at the range then.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#4]
GSG 522 SD + Plate Rack = Full of Awesome Winning!!

Now I really can't wait to get my PA M3 optic on this gun!
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice! Looks like a kick to shoot .22's out of that sucker.

Thanks for the photo.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Get the replacement screw upgrade they are better metal and hold up bettter. you can get the HK push pins and screw upgrade from
here- a hot link to a great guy and stuff you may need. also even if you upgrade use blue loctite for sure.
RRAGES
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Primary Arms M3 red dot arrived!  (Those guys rock!  Ordred Thrs morning, got it Sat afternoon!)

Link Posted: 11/20/2011 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get the replacement screw upgrade they are better metal and hold up bettter. you can get the HK push pins and screw upgrade from
here- a hot link to a great guy and stuff you may need. also even if you upgrade use blue loctite for sure.
RRAGES

Excellent, I'll get that stuff ordered next!

Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top