Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2012 4:45:20 PM EDT
So I am in need of a good .22-WMR auto-load rifle.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I am in need of a good .22-WMR auto-load rifle.

Thanks for the help.

There are not very many .22 mag semi-auto rifles and even fewer remain in production. My favorite is the Czech BRNO ZKM-611 (take-down) rifle, which unfortunately, is out of production. You can still find them, but the price has been steadily rising. The magazines are very hard to find and expensive when you do. It's a great rifle and worth the effort.

Here are some photos from an auction in November, 2011. The rifle shown sold for $900.

Here's a link for the details and a lot more photos:

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/10647970/rifles-for-sale/semi-auto-rifle/brno-zkm-611-.22-magnum-semi-auto-take-down.mfd-1994.no-reserv
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#2]
My advice is don't. The 22WMR is a nice, long, straight round with almost no taper that seems to be hard to feed and extract with the slightest dust in the chamber. The ammo is almost as much as 223 and is non-reloadable.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:07:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I've known several owners of Remington 597 Magnum rifles and all of them were happy with them. Ruger 10/22 Mag (out of production) not so much. The Brnos were nice and highly thought of as well but expensive and out of production as well. Same with the HK 300. I would buy a Rem 597 and try a couple types of ammo in it to see what it likes.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 597M and it is total garbage. Look over on rimfirecentral for more info on 22wmr autoloaders.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The 22WMR is a nice, long, straight round with almost no taper that seems to be hard to feed and extract with the slightest dust in the chamber.

This comment is hard to fathom.  I have a ZKM 611.  It is reliable - clean or not so clean.  Frankly, WMR ammo fouls less than .22 RF.  The WMR has a somewhat narrow utility bandwidth, yes.  So does the 17 HMR.  

Another WMR auto, also no longer available new, is the HK 300.  ZKMs and HKs show up at auctions (including Gunbroker), gunshows, and gunshops.  If you really want a WMR auto these two models are the cream.

Sam

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Look here. These are available now and the price is fair, under $500. ($432 at Keene's)

CZ .22 WMR

You can buy one here...usually. Give them a call and they can let you know when they are coming in. Normally when I am there they have one on the rack.

KYGUNCO....CZ 512

Nice rifle and typical CZ quality.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a 597M and it is total garbage. Look over on rimfirecentral for more info on 22wmr autoloaders.

What is wrong with yours? I knew 4 guys with them and all of them were accurate and reliable. They killed a lot of pigs and turkeys with them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#8]
OP, if you go to gunsamerica.com and search Bromleys, there's an IA shop(he does ship) that has an older Marlin .22 mag semiauto. Looks quite a bit like the Camp carbines that took handgun mags. IIRC it was $320-$350. I almost bought it myself but got a Colt .22 conversion for my 1911 instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top