Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you can’t order by phone until Monday. Maybe one of the TNVC guys on here can take my rnvg order today ?  I really want to use my two cash rewards credit cards as it will give me $200 cash back... but if I don’t hear anything by noon I’ll just pay with the debit card from the website.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#2]
How do these tubes compare to the wp tunes in jrh’s bnvd wp binos?

Is mil/le discount applicable to these?
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They could be. I believe theres a wide range of specs than can fall into that class of tubes.

The minimums are a bit scary but assuming the tubes run more in line with the xlsh ive seen theyll out perform that by a good bit. Would suck to be the guy who ended up with the 1400fom omni V level stinker but someone has to buy it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DUDE...this is a big deal.

These are the same high spec Elbit WP tubes that we've seen on the forum priced below Photonis Echos.  

They could be. I believe theres a wide range of specs than can fall into that class of tubes.

The minimums are a bit scary but assuming the tubes run more in line with the xlsh ive seen theyll out perform that by a good bit. Would suck to be the guy who ended up with the 1400fom omni V level stinker but someone has to buy it.

They range in specs, basically these are tubes that you order on a Gamble from ESA. Some may be killer and some may be OMINI V level. All failed MIL testing for some reason either blems, specs etc. how do I know this, because I sell NV and can order these exact tubes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Well guys I pulled the trigger on the RNVGs from TNVC from this sale... The thin filmed wp got me. I'm scared, though... Was this a good move to do over Gen 3 GP with refurbed ANVIS tubes? I'm still really new to NV
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#5]
So how do the NGI/PVS-14-XLS GEN. 3 THIN-FILMED WHITE PHOSPHOR MNVD (ELBIT USA TUBE) compare to the the 4G ECHO High Performance Gen 2 White pvs-14 that i ordeded on 3/31 and shipped yesterday from tvnc ?

Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Order in. Now we wait
Man, this year caught me so flat footed. This will finally round out my gear, just in time for the troubles in Nov
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So how do the NGI/PVS-14-XLS GEN. 3 THIN-FILMED WHITE PHOSPHOR MNVD (ELBIT USA TUBE) compare to the the 4G ECHO High Performance Gen 2 White pvs-14 that i ordeded on 3/31 and shipped yesterday from tvnc ?

View Quote

All depends on the specs you get. The gen 3 will be better in low light though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Just bought. Very happy with the wait.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They range in specs, basically these are tubes that you order on a Gamble from ESA. Some may be killer and some may be OMINI V level. All failed MIL testing for some reason either blems, specs etc. how do I know this, because I sell NV and can order these exact tubes.
View Quote

Even if you end up with omni v tubes that is still a great deal. Where else are you going to find a brand new Elbit white unit with warranty and Carson glass for that price?  No where
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks like you can’t order by phone until Monday. Maybe one of the TNVC guys on here can take my rnvg order today ?  I really want to use my two cash rewards credit cards as it will give me $200 cash back... but if I don’t hear anything by noon I’ll just pay with the debit card from the website.
View Quote

Is there a reason to order by phone? I placed the order through their site.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 9:40:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes, fixed bridge versus articulating are the main distinction between the NGI/RNVG-XLS and the NGI/DTNVG-XLS.

The fixed bridge system does not, however, mean that they can’t be adjusted, only that the bridge is fixed in place, allowing you to make horizontal interpupillary distance (IPD) adjustments on a single plane using a worm dial on either side of the bridge.

Articulating goggle designs are adjusted for IPD by means of rotating the optical pod around a hinge, meaning that you are adjust on two axes (horizontal and vertical) as you adjust for IPD.

It mostly comes down to personal preference between the two.

~Augee
View Quote

Excellent thank you! I’ll be popping on a set
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Those are pretty awesome prices. The mins are kind of meh but still great price.

The real question is do I get the dual tubes or pick up the 14s

I swear this place costs me so much money haha...
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Those are pretty awesome prices. The mins are kind of meh but still great price.

The real question is do I get the dual tubes or pick up the 14s

I swear this place costs me so much money haha...
View Quote

I grappled with this a lot. But in the end, I decided if I got a 14, I'd eventually want duals. I figured to go with "buy once cry once." Granted, I didn't go full crazy and get $8000 DTNVGs or something..but $5500 is still a large purchase for me. Might as well get pretty much exactly what I want rather than backtrack later.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read my post again... hint.. multiple forms of payment

Sam reached out and I can order through email.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Even if you end up with omni v tubes that is still a great deal. Where else are you going to find a brand new Elbit white unit with warranty and Carson glass for that price?  No where
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree it’s a good deal. Wish my tube order would ship so I could match it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Read my post again... hint.. multiple forms of payment

Sam reached out and I can order through email.
View Quote

Gotcha I didn't know if there was some ARF-specific deal they were running.

Also popped for a set of RNVGs. The last monocular I purchased was ~12 or 13 years ago, and it's an older ITT 6015 nightquest. I'm assuming these will blow that away.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Awesome price! But, it seems like a gamble as you'll get a tube with at least one spec that will be out of whack. Will it be something that matters, who knows? Like others have mentioned, some people have to get the stinker tubes with low OMNI V specs. With my luck, I'll be that guy! It's still fun to gamble though and the price is right!
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#18]
4 to 5 week wait for rejected mil-spec tubes?

Nah, I'll pass. Sometimes it's worth spending more for things.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Awesome price! But, it seems like a gamble as you'll get a tube with at least one spec that will be out of whack. Will it be something that matters, who knows? Like others have mentioned, some people have to get the stinker tubes with low OMNI V specs. With my luck, I'll be that guy! It's still fun to gamble though and the price is right!
View Quote

I would guess they will try to match the tubes, so you might get two out of whack tubes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Ordered
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
4 to 5 week wait for rejected mil-spec tubes?

Nah, I'll pass. Sometimes it's worth spending more for things.
View Quote

Looks like that's only on the DTNVGs. The other ones say allow 2-4 days for processing, but looks like they're in stock. Correct me if I'm wrong?
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#22]
RNVGs ordered
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Looks like that's only on the DTNVGs. The other ones say allow 2-4 days for processing, but looks like they're in stock. Correct me if I'm wrong?
View Quote

Says for in stock units. Everything says available on back order.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Ordered RNVG’s
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#26]
It says that hand select isn't an option at this time. Would this be something that would be able to be done later on?
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#28]
well i finally ordered my first night vision the ngi/pvs 14s.now i will have to get a laser and helmet to justify thisthis is one thing i had regretted not getting especially after the last couple of months
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We had units in stock ready to ship, but those are all spoken for so if you didnt jump on them at midnight last night please allow a few weeks for the order to process and ship.
I am actually headed out to CA to beef up the production and help out with builds and decrease the build times.

View Quote

Curious how fast you guys sold out of the in-stock units. I placed my order at 1:30 AM and thought that was jumping the gun on a relatively big purchase.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would guess they will try to match the tubes, so you might get two out of whack tubes.
View Quote

@Iam4 is everything you say retarded?
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Holy fuck ordered some RNVGs. Thanks TNVC (and Sam for answering my questions)!
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes some times

Am I wrong to think if you bought binos with the xls tube that would try to match the 2 tubes in it, even if both where on the lower side of the spec. I cant see them putting a 72 line 28 snr tube with a 64 21 snr tube in the same bino.

@tlandoe07
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes some times

Am I wrong to think if you bought binos with the xls tube that would try to match the 2 tubes in it, even if both where on the lower side of the spec. I cant see them putting a 72 line 28 snr tube with a 64 21 snr tube in the same bino.

@tlandoe07
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes some times

@tlandoe07

TO clarify I am talking about if you ordered binos not 2 seperate pvs14's
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Curious how fast you guys sold out of the in-stock units. I placed my order at 1:30 AM and thought that was jumping the gun on a relatively big purchase.
View Quote

00:04
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes some times

@tlandoe07
View Quote

You said you’d be getting “two out of whack” tubes. That doesn’t make any sense if they were matched
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You said you’d be getting “two out of whack” tubes. That doesn’t make any sense if they were matched
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Okay I see what you you mean, What I typed is what I typed. What I meant was using the words "out of whack" was a very  low spec tubes, ie "out of whack" from the average. Not "out of whack" from each other.

I just re read his post, I still take it as "out of whack" from averages.

Edit example being a tube with a halo of 7, huge and out of whack from normal avaerages
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Okay I see what you you mean, What I typed is what I typed. What I meant was using the words "out of whack" was a very  low spec tubes, ie "out of whack" from the average. Not "out of whack" from each other.

I just re read his post, I still take it as "out of whack" from averages.

Edit example being a tube with a halo of 7, huge and out of whack from normal avaerages
View Quote

It’s not out of whack if it’s within spec. I’d the XLSH spec allowed for 7mm halos, that would be in spec for that grade of tube.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#39]
If you're OK with getting an Omni V spec tube, then you have nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also curious...mine was at 1:07
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#42]
This should help. Minimums on the white board

Link Posted: 7/3/2020 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We had units in stock ready to ship, but those are all spoken for so if you didnt jump on them at midnight last night please allow a few weeks for the order to process and ship.
I am actually headed out to CA to beef up the production and help out with builds and decrease the build times.

View Quote

@TNVC_Sam
I hesitated last night and midnight. My wife informed me that was foolish, so I just put my order in.

Thanks for this great deal. And thank you guys for supporting this site.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I fent. Ordered a pair of DTNVGs. I was somewhat on the fence about potentially getting lower-than-ideal performing tubes, but I have a suspicion that things will still look pretty awesome when they’re in front of my face, coming from only having used a GP PVS-14.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Coming from someone looking for binos in the $5-6k range. This is awesome news to me, but I am also looking at the Photonis 4G Echos:

I'm a little stuck on the min/max specs - IN THEORY, I could place an order and get something that just happen to suck in a lot of categories. In this case, I could have a spent about the same and gotten Photonis with better specs. On the flip side, I could place an order and get something that is top of the line, but just happens to have 6 tiny blemishes instead of 4 and i'd be golden.

So ultimately, its a matter of if i want to roll the dice with these or play it safe and get a Photonis with known specs. Is all that correct?

Link Posted: 7/3/2020 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Huge^ tnvc isn’t skimping on the components. Getting a solid WP unit, with 10yr/lifetime warranty. For a killer price. These prices are better than some of the used market prices for used tubes...
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Gateway drug...
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Got an email stating my order has a 2-4 day lead time...I may have squeaked by
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top