Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/9/2019 7:54:13 AM EDT
Just woke up to this in my email

https://tnvc.com/shop/taps-sync-tactical-augmented-pressure-switch/?mc_cid=55ccae83e1&mc_eid=f7314120db

TAPS SYNC utilizes a patented double pole dome switch to fire both devices simultaneously on isolated circuits to protect your devices.
View Quote
Pretty pictures at link.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#2]
When is hot button dual lead being released trying to decide between this or hot button?

Yes I know unity is a different company
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Does this require a 2032 battery like taps pro?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It has an internal battery that lasts 3000 hours
View Quote
Is the battery end-user replaceable?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Kinda want dual Mawl leads
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Soooo still no y cable for visible override on the DBALS if I’m interpreting this correctly?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#9]
When will they be shipping?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This post was for the TAPS SYNC.....not the hot button.
View Quote
Yes but both products will do a very similar thing. And the taps is a collaboration with unity correct?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Are they momentary only?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Shipping by Friday of this week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When will they be shipping?
Shipping by Friday of this week.
You sent me a shipping notice from my order this AM.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#17]
If there are still some in stock on Friday morning I'm placing my order!
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has an internal battery that lasts 3000 hours
Important Question right here. Regardless, I’m pumped about this and the hot button!
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe I'll finally get a TAPS.  I ordered a TAPS Pro last October online and the next day they were gone.  still charged my card.  
I just sent an e-mail asking to swap that order with one of these.  this one is cheaper too!
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A blurb I am very happy to announce. The new connectors are so overdue!

TAPS SYNC also introduces numerous other small improvements and upgrades that have also been integrated into the TAPS Standard as well, (some of you have probably seen this already) including a new and improved Crane-style connector which features a more universally accepted stem that more solidly seats in ports from L3Harris (Insight/EOTech), Steiner, B.E. Meyers, and Wilcox. The outer portion of the connector also features a recess that increases purchase with fingers during removal.

The Surefire style connector has also been improved, with an angled plug that pushes the cable back towards the weapon. This decreases the overall “footprint” of cable/connector on the back of the light, reducing snag hazards.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19096/TAPS-leads-Laser-SF-1118442.jpg
View Quote
I thought the new crane style plug was going to have a loop on it to lanyard it to the laser I thought that was a good idea.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Kinda want dual Mawl leads
View Quote
Yuuuuup
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Side note would love to see taps switches with perst leads
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 6:57:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Side note would love to see taps switches with perst leads
View Quote
Yes please! I realize you lose the remote dial, but that's ok.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Just curious, if the TAPS Sync uses a double pole switch, why does it need the battery? What's the difference between this and the old TAPS Pro?
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We have made a bunch for some contract orders with TAPS Standard. We can offer then if there is a need.
View Quote
Well then, we need a three button switch with dual mawl leads and one for the light.

I have found that I use the dual buttons on the mawl a lot, but wish I could have both and the light on demand.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It does not, see my above post. These units are the ones who have a 2032 battery on board.  Not the SYNC.  There was some confusion with the older TAPS Pro and the new TAPS Plus coming out per Sam's response vs. the SYNC, my fault not catching this early in the thread.
View Quote
That is AWESOME. I did some digging a few months ago trying to find a dual pole pressure switch to do the same type of thing. There's nothing else out there. This is a real game changer.

EDIT: I'm thinking the ultimate poor mans NV rifle setup:

$259 Holosun IR laser
$158 TAPS Sync
$200 used Surefire M952V on ebay

$617 total for a complete NV ready rifle setup, with both white light and IR with proper controls. Not bad for someone on a budget or to set up a spare rifle.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#31]
For those of us who have ordered, and received a USPS shipping notice; when do you expect to begin shipping?  Thanks

@TNVC
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Got mine today from modlight variant 4 I was able to test it tonight just around the house.

My setup scout m600AAV (100MW ir) Arisaka in-line m-lok mount OTAL , with taps sync. Aimpoint comp m4 and streamlight Rail mount 1 with Arisaka tailcap adapter and Ariska m-lok in-line mount.

With this setup I’m able to run everything off AA have just ir laser, ir laser and Illuminator simultaneously and instant white light. Only downside is I have two flashlight but the weight isn’t that bad. Yes I’m giving up a lot of lumens by going with AA on the white light side. But don’t feel like I’m giving up much on the IR side the gun doesn’t feel that front heavy and this is a pretty budget setup.

Defiantly going to have to spend some time playing around with the setup to get the wires and switches were I want them.

The buttons feel much more tactile than the discontinued taps pro.
The crane plug feels WAY more secure than OEM.
Honestly 9” leads are longer than I need wish they were 7” but I can understand wanting to have longer leads so it works with different setups.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#37]
The website says "in stock - can be backordered"

Does that mean they are ready to ship if I purchase or not?
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Got my V2 today.  It's on a Switchblock shorty, that is challenge to setup and wire.  (DBAL-I2 and a SF Scout.)  Works as expected. Much better switch than the SF DS-SR07-D-IT that was on it.  Thanks TNVC!
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The Visible Override will function if you plug a lead into it, so you could potentially rig the remote switch so that it activates the light and light + VIS laser, and simply use the onboard fire button when you want the laser-only, or laser in IR mode.

IMHO, that would be a better solution that a Y-cable anyways, because the TAPS would control all visible functions, while it would require a different action/control to access IR.

~Augee
View Quote
That's what I did. TAPS Sync into the vis override port and the standard Steiner pressure pad in the normal port. I may end up just using the fire button on the unit, but I will see if I end up liking the Steiner in a position where I don't have to shift my hand at all.

Link Posted: 10/17/2019 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Newb looking for advice. Setting up my first rifle. I have a DBAL I2 and I'm shopping Ebay for a Surefire M952V. I'm in a rural area and this will be used for critter control.

I'm thinking laser only Variant 2. But since I have yet to shoot under NV that is just a guess on my part. So light only or laser only, pros cons?
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Personally I would go laser only. I cant think of a situation where you would need a light only and having the laser on would be a problem. If you need a light, you probably want a point of aim available too.

Conversely, I can think of a situation where you would want the laser only. If you are indoors and the light would be too much illumination, but you still need to use your laser, you would want that option.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Newb looking for advice. Setting up my first rifle. I have a DBAL I2 and I'm shopping Ebay for a Surefire M952V. I'm in a rural area and this will be used for critter control.

I'm thinking laser only Variant 2. But since I have yet to shoot under NV that is just a guess on my part. So light only or laser only, pros cons?
View Quote
I went with the V4.  Don't see much need for a light-only button myself.  You can always turn the laser off when it's not needed.

I definitely want a laser only button if I only have a white light.  With the M952V you really don't need two buttons at all.  Just set your light/laser both to vis/IR respectively and a single slaved button activates both.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Dang Augee, that makes a lot of practical sense.  Now you've got me second guessing my V4 choice

Link Posted: 10/17/2019 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Unfortunately my DBAL is IR/VIS, I bought it several years ago on a sale, just now dusting it off.

Thanks for the information, it makes sense.

Guess I'll start saving my pennies for a better laser/ir illuminater.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Unfortunately my DBAL is IR/VIS, I bought it several years ago on a sale, just now dusting it off.

View Quote
This is where I am. I am running the old school i2 vis/ir and a 952v. I am finding that when I want white light, I need it RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Not oh shit, burn my hand on a hot supressor while fucking with the 952v head and not loosing my target.

White light modlight with a single vis/ir/illum laser unit.

I honestly have no use for the vis laser other than to designate for people with no night vision capability.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quick question on V1 and V3, so if you're running a DBAL with double tap on capabilities - will that still function? If so, will the flashlight stay on if double tapped?
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is where I am. I am running the old school i2 vis/ir and a 952v. I am finding that when I want white light, I need it RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Not oh shit, burn my hand on a hot supressor while fucking with the 952v head and not loosing my target.

I honestly have no use for the vis laser other than to designate for people with no night vision capability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suppose running two lights might be a workaround.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quick question on V1 and V3, so if you're running a DBAL with double tap on capabilities - will that still function?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quick question on V1 and V3, so if you're running a DBAL with double tap on capabilities - will that still function?
Yes
If so, will the flashlight stay on if double tapped?
No
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top