Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2009 9:18:43 AM EDT
I bought an 1100 Competition Master carrier assembly for my 1187.

I installed it, and it fit fine, but when I function check it, it seems like the shells aren't causing the carrier latch to release like normal.

I took it back apart and filed the little tab that rides inside the hole in the carrier latch, but I didn't want to take away too much metal.  When I reassembled, I still had the same problem.

Any ideas how to fix it?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I installed it, and it fit fine, but when I function check it, it seems like the shells aren't causing the carrier latch to release like normal.

I took it back apart and filed the little tab that rides inside the hole in the carrier latch, but I didn't want to take away too much metal.  When I reassembled, I still had the same problem.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Did you live fire the gun and check the function?…or just cycle it by hand?

Most 1100 and 11-87 guns will not activate the latch when hand operated.

If you are having the issue in live fire the first place to look is at the magazine spring. It must be strong enough to propel the shell out and activate the latch.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ideas how to fix it?

Did you live fire the gun and check the function?…or just cycle it by hand?

Most 1100 and 11-87 guns will not activate the latch when hand operated.

If you are having the issue in live fire the first place to look is at the magazine spring. It must be strong enough to propel the shell out and activate the latch.

The old carrier assembly has no problem, as long as I do a proper function check (pull trigger, cycle bolt).

I haven't fired it yet but I figured if the new carrier assembly won't work like the old carrier assembly, it probably won't work when it's fired, either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top