Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 11:31:59 AM EDT
Looking for a pair of boots to take outdoor training classes in this summer.  Want comfort, but don't wat to drop a ton of cash on something that will spend a lot of time in the closet (they won't let me wear them in a hospital...)

Ideas?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my Danner Desert Acadias, but they will cost you around $200.  The Merrel Sawtooths are nice.  They are less than $100 and are actually hiking boots, so you could get some more use out of them than just going to a class.  In fact, they would probably be allowed in you fancy schmancy hospitol.  Why can't you wear boots in the hospitol?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Screw "combat boots"--go for a good pair of mid-weight hikers with gore-tex lining.  

I don't like the Acadias--they are too narrow for my foot in D, and too wide in E.  They ARE well made however, but not nearly as supportive as a good pair of mid-weight hikers.  Not to mention that black combat boots scream wannabe.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Bellville USMC issue desert boots or there non USMC version you cant go wrong.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
BATES ultra lite 8 in. side zip!!!!!!!

they are awesome
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#5]
LAPoliceGear Is having a clearance on 5.11 HRT boots. 2 pair for $100 shipped. I got mine a couple days ago and like them so far. I'm selling the extra pair if you wear a size 10.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:39:02 AM EDT
[#6]
In accord with the "hiking boots" suggestion www.danner.com is currently having a sale of their Agitator 45 GTX, I find these boots to be supportive and durable... not to mention they avoid the "combat" look and can be used for everyday activities.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for Belleville, especially for outdoors. If you're going to be running around indoors/urban environments, I'd recommend a more "sneaker" like boot.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Screw "combat boots"--go for a good pair of mid-weight hikers with gore-tex lining.  

I don't like the Acadias--they are too narrow for my foot in D, and too wide in E.  They ARE well made however, but not nearly as supportive as a good pair of mid-weight hikers.  Not to mention that black combat boots scream wannabe.  

So someone who wears combat boots, but has never been in the military is a wannabe?

I guess that having tough long wearing boots is a bad idea

Remember as long as the boots don't look like combat boots you are OK in magnum_99 book,
but if you like the combat boot look you are a poser.

I wear Acadias every day and they are great especially if you have flat feet like mine they are tight
in the fore foot area just in front of the ball of your foot, but this helps the foot not to slide into the
front of the boot on downward slopes. I would look at some good hikers as well like ASOLO / danner
or other.

Just find what is the most comfortable for you and go with that.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:03:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If you see me somewhere in my spit shined combat boots you can say wannabe all you like. I'll just tell you that "you can can F***ing kiss my lily white ass".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top