Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2003 11:35:20 AM EDT
I recently ordered and received a CZ-52. First let me say that this is a very nice handgun. The finish on it is great and everything seems tight. However attempting to dry fire the gun it seems that the hammer does not come down on the firing pin. I have no book for this so I am not sure if it supposed to do this or not. Let me explain this. When I cock the hammer and pull the trigger, it appears that the hammer does not fall all the way foward to hit the little circle of metal that is by my guess the firing pin.. Any suggestions. I am still waiting for the ammo to be delivered before i can test it.. Thank you.. Lil
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Please don't dry fire the CZ-52. The firing pin will break. There's some more info here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure that the de-cock doesn't fire the pistol. Do not load it until you are at the range and the pistol is pointed in a safe direction. Lots of these pistols have a safety/de-cock that will fire the pistol when pushed on.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The pistol has a rebounding hammer. Meaning after the hammer strikes the firing pin it will rebound rather than rest on the firing pin.

And the firing pin in these pistols are real fragile. You will be better off with one of those available at Makarov.com.

You can check the saftey of your decocking mechanism at home IF you're careful. Make sure the pistol is unloaded. Then stick a pencil down the bore with the eraser against the firing pin. Holding the pistol verticle helps out. Now use the decocking lever to drop the hammer. If the pencil sticks in your ceiling you have a defective decocking mechanism. Don't feel bad. I think most of them are. Mine is. I just remember that I can't trust it, so I don't use it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:47:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I would like to thank everybody for their help and responses. I took the pistol over to my gunsmith. He check it out and said it was fine. Tested it at the range with some S&B, and it worked with no problems. I am going to order a spare firing pin just to have on... Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top