Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2003 6:24:20 PM EDT
I'm trying to explain to a friend what a slabside looks like and can't get the point across. Can someone please post a photo of an old Sporter or something to help me make point? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:16:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2003 7:17:41 PM EDT by Mb121]
These were taken from Gunbroker, if they are from a member on the board then I am sorry that I didn't consult with you.

Colt SP1 Slab side lower with telescoping stock.

Bushmaster Carbine, magazine release guard

Hoped that this helped Phil
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:01:55 PM EDT
thank you, I wish I'd thought of going to gunbroker, good one.

Link Posted: 8/23/2003 12:50:24 PM EDT
i thought slab side had to do with the UPPER?

if not i stand corrected.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 2:48:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By die-tryin:
i thought slab side had to do with the UPPER?


if not i stand corrected.

I think the term "slick side" applies to the no forward assist upper, while "slab side" is for the no mag fence lower. "slab" implies flat & the upper is rather curved in shape.
Top Top