Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2003 6:24:20 PM EDT
I'm trying to explain to a friend what a slabside looks like and can't get the point across.  Can someone please post a photo of an old Sporter or something to help me make point?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
These were taken from Gunbroker, if they are from a member on the board then I am sorry that I didn't consult with you.

Colt SP1 Slab side lower with telescoping stock.

Bushmaster Carbine, magazine release guard

Hoped that this helped Phil
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you, I wish I'd thought of going to gunbroker, good one.

Link Posted: 8/23/2003 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
i thought slab side had to do with the UPPER?

if not i stand corrected.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i thought slab side had to do with the UPPER?

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pd3ef1ce34e92becd686fc71d969ff0e1/fc479066.jpg

if not i stand corrected.

I think the term "slick side" applies to the no forward assist upper, while "slab side" is for the no mag fence lower.  "slab" implies flat & the upper is rather curved in shape.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top