Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2002 5:16:25 AM EDT
I have the sig and its a great shooter. But it weighs like 30 lbs or something.

But I recently got a USPC in .40 and really like it.

So I'm thinking of swapping my Sig for a USP in .40.

I like the lighter weight of the H&K, and would also like a longer barrel and slightly bigger frame.

Do they make a USP tactical in .40????

What do you think of a swap of a Sig 229 for a H&K USP????

Thanx.

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:20:34 AM EDT
[#1]
A couple-three years ago, I went through the same process.  I settled on the HK because I liked the placement of the controls better and it fit my hand better.  As far as upgrades go, I've never felt the need for any, but through HK or aftermarket suppliers, you can buy the stuff to turn your USP into a tactical-clone.  The USP is one of my all time favorite pistols, and I've shot a lot of pistols.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#3]

a couple years back, i bought a usp .40 and have never felt the desire to trade it for anything. the ergonomics are ideal for me, it's easy to clean, and i can't recall ever having a malfunction. plus, hi-caps can be had at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

plus, hi-caps can be had at a reasonable price.

If you have found hi-caps for a reasonable price for USP's please let me know where.  The best that I have found is near $100.  

As far as comparing a USP 40 to a Sig, I can't speak for the Sigs, but I wouldn't trade my USP 40 for anything.  It is more accurate than I can shoot it and is 100% reliabe after over a 1000 rounds.  I think that the tactical is in 45 only
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I see standard caps for about $75 all the time on ad boards.

And no, a Tactical .40 was never made, but you could esily make yourself one.  Just buy a match trigger, an extended threaded barrel from CCFA, and some raised sights...voila!  .40 Tactical!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

plus, hi-caps can be had at a reasonable price.

If you have found hi-caps for a reasonable price for USP's please let me know where.  The best that I have found is near $100.  

As far as comparing a USP 40 to a Sig, I can't speak for the Sigs, but I wouldn't trade my USP 40 for anything.  It is more accurate than I can shoot it and is 100% reliabe after over a 1000 rounds.  I think that the tactical is in 45 only

There is a guy on the Exchange boards named RobertJohnson that sells the .40 and 9mm High Caps for $60 including shipping I think the price was.  He has a great rating and is a real stand up guy.  I bought some H&K 91 parts from him and they didn't look as good as I thought they should have, He had me send them back and gave me a full refund INCLUDING shipping.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the Sig P229 40 I Shoot 2 to 3 inch groups hand held 25 yards! it never jams! and is one of the most accurate hand gun out of the box that I ever bought Besides my Colt Combat ELITE wich RULED! I have seen alot of Pre Ban 12rd Hi Caps from 49.99 to 125.00!
I would go for a Colt or kimber 1911 in 45acp!!
I will take the 8 rounds of 45acp over 10 rounds of 40cal!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I like the Sig P229 40 I Shoot 2 to 3 inch groups hand held 25 yards! it never jams! and is one of the most accurate hand gun out of the box that I ever bought Besides my Colt Combat ELITE wich RULED! I have seen alot of Pre Ban 12rd Hi Caps from 49.99 to 125.00!
I would go for a Colt or kimber 1911 in 45acp!!
I will take the 8 rounds of 45acp over 10 rounds of 40cal!!!

Have it, I'll take 12 rounds of Golden saber +P 185 JHP in my USP SS.45
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top