Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 4:10:54 PM EDT
I wouldn't normally ask this, I'd just work up a load myself. But I need to get a load made for my dads new AR for a spring pdog hunt. Has anyone had any "pet" loads with the 55gr vmax cannelure? Will use LC brass and CCI 450 primer, preferably 8208xbr, also have some TAC and w748 but wanna stay with the 8208 because ill be developing these loads at around 10 degrees and will shoot them up to 100 degrees.

Just hoping someone will have a load that tends to work well in most rifles.

Oh it is a 16" bull target crowned 1:9. Thanks for any help fellas, lord knows components are scarce these days!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I wouldn't normally ask this, I'd just work up a load myself. But I need to get a load made for my dads new AR for a spring pdog hunt. Has anyone had any "pet" loads with the 55gr vmax cannelure? Will use LC brass and CCI 450 primer, preferably 8208xbr, also have some TAC and w748 but wanna stay with the 8208 because ill be developing these loads at around 10 degrees and will shoot them up to 100 degrees.

Just hoping someone will have a load that tends to work well in most rifles.

Oh it is a 16" bull target crowned 1:9. Thanks for any help fellas, lord knows components are scarce these days!

I have used H-335 @25gr with CCI 400 primers with a trim length of 1.750 and a COL of 2.235 with great results with that projectile.

I just went to the Hodgdons website and compared the H-335 and IMR 8208XBR and they both have the same starting load and max load.

You may want to start out on their website and work up with their load data on the IMR 82808 XBR. ]

My guess is that you will end up with a very similar load as what i use.

Good luck and work up your load.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Using Win 748 I wouldn't go higher than 26.4 grains with your 55 grain bullets. At that level I have no problems in 90 degree temps. Haven't used 8208.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top