Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/12/2006 6:29:39 AM EDT
I had been carrying a sog flash II for a while and loved it, before that was a Kershaw. Both have gone down the same way: LOST.

I give up on buying a good knife for a pocket knife, tired of losing good ones and don't feel like shelling $50 out for a new SOG.

What's a good cheap pocket knife that keeps its edge?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:57:34 AM EDT
If you really want something inexpensive, check out the Spyderco Native. Wal-Mart has just started selling them for the price of $39 bucks. They are usually close to $70 anywhere else. It totally outclasses anything else in that price range. I mean, a knife with CPM-S30V steel for under $40 bucks? How can you go wrong? It is an awesome little blade. You can only find them at select Wal-marts right now, so good luck. Heres some pics of mine:

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:05:28 PM EDT
i like the looks of that knife. im gonna have to check around for that one
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:08:50 PM EDT
Just piched up a Spyderco Endura II off Ebay. All stainless, VG10, half serrated. Great knife for $43. And probably one of the thinnest quality knives out there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:00:19 PM EDT
Just bought that spyderco native for $40 at Wallyworld and I am very impressed. Its a stout, tough little knive that will be carried daily by me. Its also razor F-ing sharp so be careful. The S30V steel is some of the best out there and should hold an edge for a while. Not all Wallyworlds carry it right now as its only being tested in some stores. I had to drive about 40 miles round trip to find a test store. What I dont like about it is that it can't be disassembled and cleaned like my benchmade's, but my cheapest benchmade was about $100. For the money the native can't be beat though. Its an outstanding knife at an incredible price.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:17:40 PM EDT
I like the "USA Earth" on that blade.

I finally decided on Benchmade - bought 2 551s and 1 556.

When you say "cheap" - here's one: Schrade 50T. I've been using them as a work knife for years. They cost $20 at Wally World.

Unfortunately, they went out of business

I scarfed up 3 from Ebay shortly after I heard the news. They last a coupla years. When they're gone...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:49:47 PM EDT
i just checked on of my local walmarts. they dont sell any spyderco knives
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:22:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 9mm4me:
Just bought that spyderco native for $40 at Wallyworld and I am very impressed. Its a stout, tough little knive that will be carried daily by me. Its also razor F-ing sharp so be careful. The S30V steel is some of the best out there and should hold an edge for a while. Not all Wallyworlds carry it right now as its only being tested in some stores. I had to drive about 40 miles round trip to find a test store. What I dont like about it is that it can't be disassembled and cleaned like my benchmade's, but my cheapest benchmade was about $100. For the money the native can't be beat though. Its an outstanding knife at an incredible price.

Those Spyderco's do come sharp don't they!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:12:12 PM EDT
I'm going to check my local WMs now for the Spyderco natives.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:31:07 AM EDT
Take the time and look for the WM Spyderco Native. This is my new every day carry. Sharp as hell and S30V for $40. It is the perfect size in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:32:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By lefthandblack:
If you really want something inexpensive, check out the Spyderco Native. Wal-Mart has just started selling them for the price of $39 bucks. They are usually close to $70 anywhere else. It totally outclasses anything else in that price range. I mean, a knife with CPM-S30V steel for under $40 bucks? How can you go wrong? It is an awesome little blade. You can only find them at select Wal-marts right now, so good luck. Heres some pics of mine:

i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/lefthandblack50/native2.jpg
i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/lefthandblack50/native3.jpg
i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/lefthandblack50/native4.jpg
i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/lefthandblack50/native1.jpg

+1 I have the serrated version. I paid $50 2 weeks ago
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:14:33 PM EDT
just checked at a different walmart. 39.95 in stock. non serrated blade
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:17:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2006 1:20:30 PM EDT by danpass]

+1

Also, check around for the Meerkat (out of production, but I got myself two from ... that other place online)

edit: Paid $20 for each plus $5 shipping ($45 total)

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:41:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By danpass:

+1

Also, check around for the Meerkat (out of production, but I got myself two from ... that other place online)

i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/danpass/meerkat.jpg

That other place online? How big is the meer kat?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:40:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fiend:

Originally Posted By danpass:

+1

i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/danpass/meerkat.jpg

That other place online? How big is the meer kat?

ebay .

With a clip () of .45ACP
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:56:48 PM EDT
The Cold Steel Mini-Tanto II is a neat little knife. Quite a bit smaller than a Flash II, slim and pretty easy to sharpen.

That SOG Flash II will be hard to beat, though! I've had one for years and it is a great knife.
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top