Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2002 5:35:12 AM EDT
Any ideas where I can get decent 18", 20", 22", or 24" fluted bull barrels?  I want to get one, but I can't find any decent sources.

Thanks!

PS -- Please provide links!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:39:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Krieger, expensive but worth it, www.compasslake.com/

Mike
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:10:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.fultonarmory.com
www.gunsmokeinc.com
www.jtdistributing.com
www.bushmaster.com
www.armalite.com

Okay, Fulton Armory carries Kreiger, which costs too much.

Gunsmoke might be a chance as well as JT.

Bushmaster doesn't have bull barrels like I asked for.

Armalite doesn't have fluted.  

Back to square one.

Any idea to Wilson barrels?  I have looked on Wilson Combat's page, but they don't really provide much info.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:41:14 AM EDT
[#5]
www.gunkits.com
Wilson and lothar Walther barrels, you can down load the 2002 catalog.

www.dpmsinc.com
Wilson barrles
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I can make you a fluted barrel, any twist, length in stainless or chrome moly that you may require. Charles. JarheadGunner.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Read last item on options list. Charge is 40.00 to add fluting...

Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:29:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Read last item on options list. Charge is 40.00 to add fluting...

Ahh, I musta skipped over that.  Thanks for pointing it out to me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Silver,
I have a blackened stainless fluted Bull barrel. 1/9 twist. Brand new. It needs to have the gas port drilled. Would be great as is for a dedicated .22 as is. I was gonna use it for a Remingtin 700, but the barrel diamater isn't big enough to thread for the 700 reciever.  Will sell it to you if you want it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Are you sure you need a fluted barrel? It may look kewl, but fluting does nothing to promote cooling or accuracy. See da link.

www.fulton-armory.com/fluting.htm

edit cuz I kant spel
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Are you sure you need a fluted barrel? It may look kewl, but fluting does nothing to promote cooling or accuracy. See da link.

www.fulton-armory.com/fluting.htm

edit cuz I kant spel

Hmm, I was totally unaware of that.  It was an interesting read none-the-less.  

Gun-fan, thanks for the offer, but I don't know where I would get that drilled, so I am gonna have to pass it up, well, that is, unless you are practically giving it away, if that is the case, then drop me an email.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:34:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Silver,I have $150 in it. You can have it for that & ups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top