Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2002 8:27:14 PM EDT
Hey all, a buddy at work gave me what appears to be a Lyman #1 variety peep sight for I think a Stevens lever action. He tried to see if it would 'mount' on his Winchester 94 30-30, but it only had one tang screw.

Its very old but in excellent condition, in the original white paper box complete with instructions, 2 mounting screws and three front sight dovetails - two with gold tops and one with a white bead and set screw.

Heres some marking to mull over until I get the scan up. On the sight 'shaft' itself is the following:

Pat. Jan 29,79-May 6,84.

On the underside is a stamped 'H'

The mounting holes are approximately 1" center apart, and the entire base is 1.625" long, and about .5" wide. There is a flip up smaller aperature as well.

Any thoughts as to if it is for a Stevens, where to find more info and approximate worth?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Brownells 800-741-0015 they'll take care of it for you.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
According to some old info I have on these, this sight should fit the Marlin 1892 in .22 caliber, and Marlin 1897.

If in excellent shape, it should be worth at least $100 if you find the right buyer. Hope helpful,
John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top