Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 6:31:44 PM EDT
I have a Winchester Model 1897 that belonged to my great great grandfather (im 16) and I need help restoring it. The reason why is because about 10 years ago my grandfathers house was broken into and this shotgun was stolen. It was later recovered after the cops caught some teenage robbers who used this gun in their robberies. They cut the stock to make it a pistol grip and cut the barrel too short so the cops kept it.

So I currently have whats left of the shotgun in a evidence bag and I need help with restoring it.
(Any websites to recomend to buy parts?)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Pic added of shotgun (still in bag until im ready to restore it)

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/1070/stuff0060po.jpg
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
http://file///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/My%

You need to host the pic.  Upload it to photobucket.com.   Its free.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#3]
lol.....kinda made it too big
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
First step is to get a copy of teh AGI video for the '97.
Gunbroker, among others are good places for parts.
I am going to assume you have a takedown model, once you get all the pieces put back togather, find a smith who has the proper tools and experience to make sure the reciever aligns properly with the barrel. There is a ring between the two which can be reamed or replaced depending.

Anway, here are the links I found during my restoration project, good luck.

www.coyotecap.com/
www.e-gunparts.com/forum/forum2.asp?cat=10
www.gop.welcomeyou.com/
www.gun-parts.com/index.html/index.html/index.html/
www.e-gunparts.com/
www.winchesterguns.com/services/obsolete.asp
www.sarcoinc.com/w97.html

IM or email me, I saved some other usefull webpages that ar no longer maintained, which you might find helpful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top