Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2001 5:45:12 PM EDT
Sitting here with the rifle and pin in front of me, and am still not sure how to replace it. It's the rear push pin. How do I take out the one that's in there, and get another one back in.

It doesn't seem like it should be that hard, could somebody please explain it to me?
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
you have to take off buttstock. there is a spring and detent pin in the back of the receiver. Be careful not to lose. The detent pin holds the push pin in place. When they are out you can simply replace the push pin with groove towards buttstock, then slide detent pin in with spring behind it and replace buttstock. When replacing buttstock you should be able to leave buffer tube in place so that buffer detent and spring are not lost.
An excellent resource is the USMC M16 manual. Mine cost $5-6 and was well worth it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, just the info Ineeded, thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top