Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2003 9:57:20 AM EDT
Maybe you guys can help me decide what to do. Ya see, I have an Armalite M15A4(T) carbine with that UGLY and LOUD muzzle break that has to be cut off. It remains unfired but I've heard my friends go off and well, it's really LOUD. Tried to get the 24" upper from Armalite but after 4 months of waiting and still nothing, I cancelled (they really led me around the blick when I asked them whend it will arrive, oh well). I've been giving Rock RIver Arms the eye lately and can't decide if I should just get the RRA Varminter upper for my Armalite lower with an Armalite NM hinge pin (worried about fit and tightness since my present confiuration locks up tighter than a bank vault) or just get rid of the Armalite and buy a complete RRA Rifle. I know Armalite is good but have zero experience with RRA. Anyway, what do you guys think? WOuld the RRA upper and Armalite lower mate up nice and tight or would it be in my best interest to just get the RRA complete rifle? If I get just the RRA upper I'll sell the Armalite upper. Anyway, your thoughts are appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Instead of replacing the upper, why not have the brake removed?  Kurt at KKF removed the nasty 'ol ArmaLite brake on mine and installed a TacBrake... 100% improvement and the rifle is still all ArmaLite... the cheapest route to go and you don't end up with a mix and match AR...

Kurt has a forum located in the Industry section here on ARFcom...

www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/8932.htm
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Instead of replacing the upper, why not have the brake removed?  Kurt at KKF removed the nasty 'ol ArmaLite brake on mine and installed a TacBrake... 100% improvement and the rifle is still all ArmaLite... the cheapest route to go and you don't end up with a mix and match AR...

Kurt has a forum located in the Industry section here on ARFcom...

www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/8932.htm

Good advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top