Bult4mud,
Looks like a SOE Direct Action Chest Harness in Tan,
http://www.lightfighter.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=66194%7C1273361&PRID=1326453
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
dumb question but how do you use it? do you have to put it on a vest or does it come with straps,

i would also like to wear a safari land 6004 and a subload on my belt as well as maybe a dump pouch would that be possible with this rig on.

last question is it worth the 270 or should i just look at a Hellcat?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:08:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
dumb question but how do you use it? do you have to put it on a vest or does it come with straps,

It has a strap that goes across the lower back, and two shoulder straps that cross in back and attach to the corners. The front panel and strap attachment points can be seen here: SOE Direct Action Chest Pouch

i would also like to wear a safari land 6004 and a subload on my belt as well as maybe a dump pouch would that be possible with this rig on.

This rig would not interfere with any of those.

last question is it worth the 270 or should i just look at a Hellcat?

SOE gear is bombproof, as is SO Tech. It's all a matter of personal preference when you get into really well made gear like this. The Hellcat keeps your six primary mags close to the body, and any additional mags can be kept in separately attached pouches. Do prefer the way the Hellcat pouches open, or the SOE pouches? Do you like the way the SOE rig is set up, or would you want to be able to move your pouches around on the body of the Hellcat?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:31:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanx jarhead

i like the soe rig but i think i may like the verstality of the hellcat a lil more time to put the thinking cap on
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#6]
well all i have decided is wheni order i am ordering from lightfighter but now what to order....
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:59:43 AM EDT
[#7]
If you've absolutely decided on the Hellcat, I would recommend starting with the rig itself, plus a utility pouch or two. That allows you to carry six magazines, plus whatever general gear you might need. Once you've wrung it out a few times you might find that you need to carry more mags --add a mag pouch or two-- or some other piece of gear for which there is a specific pouch made, like a strobe or Nalgene bottle. Start small and work up so you don't waste your money on pouches you'll never use.

Just my advice, worth exactly what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#8]
actuallay a good idea tho i shouldnt need more than the 6 mags on my chest and the 4 on my leg plus the two in myweapon. I am not deployed to iraq this will just be for range work and competitons and maybe oneday warrant service
i do think i could add a pistol mag pouch andmaybe a waterbottle holder or two

thanx for allyour help
have a good holiday

JIM
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#9]
My pleasure. All the best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top