Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2001 2:41:23 PM EDT
I just found out that I will rotate through Kuwait starting in Jan, and when  I get back I'll have a big lump 'o cash waiting. So what to buy? I can't think of anything that I dont already have or tried and sold!! I have a DSA SA58, CMP Garand, Norinco 84s awaiting rebuilding into a krink, a nice DCM AR with a fulton armory upper and bushmaster DCM lower for service rifle at the club, a "blaster" AR under construction and a M44 carbine. No scopes or bipods, no multiple copies of similar rifles, no pistols. However that does still leave Class 3...Muhuhahahah
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, no M1A/M14, Remington 700, Mossberg 590 or 50 BMG?
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, M1A - Garand - FAL are similar enough, that area is covered

bolt action, covered (M44)

accurate rifle, covered (DCM AR)

fun guns, covered (AK, AR w/ 22 conversions too)

shotguns, never too interested there

50 BMG no place to shoot (hell, that goes for Class 3 too :( )
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
M-16. My buddy just took possession of his. I highly recommend it if you have the means.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#4]
"My rifle collection is perfect."

Words our wives must (and will) never hear.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, M1A - Garand - FAL are similar enough, that area is covered

bolt action, covered (M44)

accurate rifle, covered (DCM AR)

fun guns, covered (AK, AR w/ 22 conversions too)

shotguns, never too interested there

50 BMG no place to shoot (hell, that goes for Class 3 too :( )

You are one sick puppy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#6]
are you going to camp doha?  al jabber?  where?
have you been to kuwait before?
john
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Ouch! your killing me! LOL

Please don't lump your rifle classes to gether like that!

M44 and rem 700!? Is having bolt guns covered?!

I am getting shivers up my spine.

Thats like saying "Janet Reno and Britney Spears are both woman so sleeping with either one is the same."

And FAL and M14 are similar?!! WHAAAAaaaaaa [>Q]

I am not a shotgun person either but the 590 is VERY cool, especially loaded with 3" magnum slugs. It will rock your world, over and over and over again.

Good luck in your quest, I wish that I had everything that I wanted.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"My rifle collection is perfect."

Words our wives must (and will) never hear.

YEAH!  What he said!
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Wait a minute, your an American, you think you wont relocate some time.  granted there isn't as much open space as there used to be, but if you can get it now, .50,  get it, it's not only something that you can play with it's an investment.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Doha, been to places around it but not Kuwait.

edit: the bolt action comment gave me an idea:

Well, that didn't take long! Thanks, I'm feeling much better now!
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Doha Is not that bad they had the only PX in kuwait when I was there in 1995. where else have you been in the middle east?  I did a couple of trips to Riyadh Daharan and Prince Sultan.  The McDonalds on Gulf street across from the King of Kuwaits palace is great Two stories with a view of the Gulf.
john
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Israel at Ramon AB, KFIA - Bastonge - AA Spruce in Saudi, somewhere in Iraq (?) and Bahrain aboard the first group to visit the "Cunard Princess" Xmas '90
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#13]
"My rifle collection is perfect."   My wife would love you.  Let me know where to send her.

Seriously, You need a 700.  If you decide to go ahead  and get that '03, get a '03A3, better sights.  Once you have that(along with your Garand, M44), you have started your C&R collection, then you need to get more!  You also need to look at some handguns.  There is a whole new world waiting for you out there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:47:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Be careful to actually save money and don't do what I did in Kosovo - constantly running to the big PX which was about 50 feet away. After Kosovo, I did have another FN-FAL, a SIG SP-2340 in .357 SIG, and an M-4 barrel to upgrade one of my AR's - but also a bunch of CD's and DVD's and other AAFES junk I no longer need. Try to budget - unlike me when I was "down-range". Take plenty of pictures too - photographs from Kosovo are one of the more valuable things I brought back. Jon  
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Doha, been to places around it but not Kuwait.

edit: the bolt action comment gave me an idea:

Well, that didn't take long! Thanks, I'm feeling much better now!

I would get an 03-A3.  It is a "must have" to go with your Garand.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#16]
No rifle collection could ever be perfect. No way, it just aint possible.  Its kind of like saying that you have too many guns.  Noone can ever have to many guns.  Well if any one does think they have to many they can email me and i will take some off of their hands.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#17]
You really need to get into the wide world of bolt action rifles.

Get yourself an accurate Remington 700 P or VS, and maybe a Savage for variety.  

You aren't "done" until you have a bolt-action rifle for every occasion, from .22 LR up to .300 Mag. May I suggest one of each: .22 LR, .243 Winchester, .308 Winchester, 7mm Magnum, and maybe a .300 Win Mag.

Remember, semi-autos are fun, but only accurate rifles are interesting.

Also, I didn't see a 10/22 in that list.  The ultimate tinkerer's gun and you don't have one? Blasphemy.

And NO SCOPES!?  What are you, crazy?  I can confirm, as a certified ScopeJunkie(TM), that there is a lot of satisfaction and enjoyment to be had in pursuit of The Ultimate Scope, and its various subdeities, such as The Ultimate Scope Under $100, The Ultimate Scout Scope, etc.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top