Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2002 4:47:51 PM EDT
I went down to my local gun dealer today.  All they carry is Armalite and eagle arms I asked them if the could get a Bushmaster or a RRA.  He said they don't deal with them because they believe Armalite is the best.  But they have an M15A4 sitting on the self for $899.  He told me if I walk in with cash he would give it to me for $800 plus tax.  Is this a good deal.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know the configuration of the gun. It makes a difference.

In Rock River Arms for $800 you would get M4orgery pinned 6-position stock detatchable tactical carry handle, Fixed LE comp. 2stage match trigger and Hogue pistol grip.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#3]

He said they don't deal with them because they believe Armalite is the best.  But they have an M15A4 sitting on the self for $899.  He told me if I walk in with cash he would give it to me for $800 plus tax.  Is this a good deal.

Let me translate that for you, I speak FLUENT Bullshit.

"Uh, I don't HAVE any Bushmasters, but I've got money tied up in this Armalite.  I'm not going to order you a Bushy, because then I'd STILL be stuck with the Armalite.  So what's it gonna be?"
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I would look around at some other dealers if you want to get a Bushy or RRA IMO. I thought it was supposed to be the buisness making the customer happy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]
TommyBrown where would I find this rifle at that great price.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

He said they don't deal with them because they believe Armalite is the best.  But they have an M15A4 sitting on the self for $899.  He told me if I walk in with cash he would give it to me for $800 plus tax.  Is this a good deal.

Let me translate that for you, I speak FLUENT Bullshit.

"Uh, I don't HAVE any Bushmasters, but I've got money tied up in this Armalite.  I'm not going to order you a Bushy, because then I'd STILL be stuck with the Armalite.  So what's it gonna be?"

Would you mind if I copied that and brought it to MY favorite BullShitter?
I'm sure he'd be amused!
I think this is the best comment I've ever read on the 'gun dealer' line.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
sounds like a fair deal at 800 for the Armalite. I got one and wouldn't trade it for anything else, but I would probably buy a bushmaster to go with it in the future. I do have a kit gun built on an RRA lower as well.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the Armalite too but it doesn't have every thing I want, the RRA does. But I can't find any around her or a dealer on the web.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#9]
tell him to through in 2 free 30rd thermold mags plus the 1 extra mag that should come with it along with a hard case and a sling.  thats the deal i  got on my Bushy brand new for $800.00!
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Why in the hell can't I find an RRA dealer
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#11]
You can borrow mine.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 12:51:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Why don't you call RRA and ask them who they're dealing with in your area?  They're really nice folks, and will take the time to work with you.  Can't find their catalog right this minute or I'd give you the phone number, but you can get it off their internet site.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#13]
He just wants to get the ArmaLite off his rack.

Nevertheless, that's a good price on a good rifle.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I do no of any RRA dealers in the Phoenix area.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Destroyer; What part of Az are ya in??   And exactly what do ya want??   Mike Detty in Tucson has lots of RRA configurations and he's in the book..  Just get on the phone and see who can get you the best deal...   They can get you a Bushy anywhere in AZ within 2 working days..
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#16]
if i were a dealer, i would order bushy are armilite, but i would stock RRA just cause i know its good stuff, and its the most affordable. some guys that walks in, and dont know an AR from his cornshoot, i dont think he would care about the markings on the gun, but the reasonable price would be nice to add numbers to the evil black rifle club
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Destroyer if you live in Phoenix Bear arms has Bushy rifles for sale.
What dealer only had Armalite rifles.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:44:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I live down here in Sierra Vista an hour away from Tucson.  The dealer in All custom fire arms
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:21:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Destroyer,

I don't know how populated your area is, but why don't you try going to Gunbroker.com or GunsAmerica.com to do a dealer search for your area?  You will likely find a "kitchen table dealer" (yes those evil knaves that Klinton so desperately wanted to rid us of) who can accomodate you.  You also might want to call RRA and ask who's FFL they have on file in your area.  Chances are they track them by Zip or area code.

HTH

Saleen
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:22:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh, and I'd prefer the RRA gun over the Armalite one.  Just my preference.

Saleen
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Since $900 is ArmaLite's price on both the M15A4 20" and 16" carbine OR $1000 w/ chrome barrel and NM trigger, I would say $800 is a pretty good price.
Your local dealer must of either got a good deal on the A4 in the first place in order to sell under retail or he is making very little profit off it.

ArmaLiter
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Is your dealer the Armalite factory warranty service dealer that I understand SV has??   Do you know if they do warranty service on Eagles??
I'm here in Tucson and could use some warranty work on my Eagle AR-10 ...
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Bigyeti I don't think it is but I can ask.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#24]
The two local stocking dealers where I live are the same way. I think nothing of traveling an hour to another dealer who has, or will get, what I want.

Another example is gunpowder prices. $20/lb min. here, an hour away $15-$16/lb. Not enough savings for one pound but if your in town anyway (reg. shopping, movies, etc.) or are buying several pounds, well....
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#25]
'Preciate it...   I think they are but need to know..   I'll call them if ya don't get back there soon...   Might be a great idea to have a warrenty service station in your town...   Shippin' guns can be a pain, and time consuming.  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#26]
bigyeti I don't think I will get the chance to go in there for the next couple of days, but I might here's there number if you don't have it.  (520) 459-3450 let me know what they say
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I hate it when shop owners are more interested in selling you a gun you don't want vs. ordering what you want.  I do know a few that know they won't get repeat business if they don't please the customer.

When a shop owner starts bragging about how many guns he sells a week, to me it sounds like "I don't need your business."  Unless the racks are empty, I don't believe it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top