Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 7:42:12 AM EDT
I just bought an L1A1 from hiramranger and I am looking to give it some evil black furniture with rails everywhere.  I even want rails ON the rails. - what do y'all recommend and where's a good place to get stuff for the FAL?

I recently bought an L1A1 from hiramranger - who informs me that i need inch furniture - and I am looking to replace the furniture with a SAW inspired layout - e.g. saw stock, saw grip and color matched handguard.  

So, where do i get this stuff? (other than EE, of course)

What are my options for the handguard?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]

overabundance of money

check

lack of focus

check

You would be hilarious if your observation wasn't DEAD ON.!!!!

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Tapco is a good place to look... also look at DSA as I love the railed tube they sell but I am lacking in money because of too many projects and WAY TOO much debt!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
You can use metric or inch pattern hand guards on your rifle. The only exception is Israeli heavy barrel hand guards will need to be modified to work on a standard barrel variant. It isn't a big deal to do though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Tapco had nothing that interested me... e.g. no saw buttstock.  I'm looking to buy all at one place to ensure color atch.  I'm going for my first non-black setup.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
okay, searching on the dsa website found me no good inch furniture related to the SAW.... huh?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#7]
IIRC there are no inch SAW buttstocks being produced, metric only.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#8]
IIRC, you can use metric stock and forearms on an inch rifle.  But you cant use the pistol grip.  ie, Tapco's SAW stock WILL work on your gun. As will DSA's railed forearm.  I'm pretty sure DSA is the only place your gonna find rails for a FAL.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:36:56 AM EDT
[#9]

As will DSA's railed forearm
where to find?  
I'm gonna rip them an email and see wha tthey have to say.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

As will DSA's railed forearm
where to find?  
I'm gonna rip them an email and see wha tthey have to say.....

Hmmm, did you look under furnature....
www.dsarms.com/catalog-list.cfm?Category=06&Subcat=Handguards%20%26%20Related%20Parts&storeid=1
If so... look at the FIRST ITEM...!

Here is a direct link...
www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=US021FAS&storeid=1&image=Railinterface.gif
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#11]
i dunno how i missed that, but I don't even know how to clean the fal yet, much less alter screws on it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Metric and inch buttstocks attach a little differently, Inch definitely won't work on Metric, and believe it's the same way in reverse.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#13]
The only furniture that will interchange between inch and metric pattern F A Ls are the hand guards. However, you can put a complete metric lower assembly on that rifle without any modifications other than swapping the rear sights.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The only furniture that will interchange between inch and metric pattern F A Ls are the hand guards. However, you can put a complete metric lower assembly on that rifle without any modifications other than swapping the rear sights.

I've never tried it, but I was sure you could get a inch stock on a metric.  I knew the HG's would work, but I've been wrong before, many, many, times as a matter of fact.

Anyway, the lower swap sounds like a good idea to me if you really want a SAW stock.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#15]
swapping lowers???
OK lemme explain how new I am to FAL's.
Imagine trying to explain the concept of 'victory' to a frenchman.
That's where I'm at.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Swapping lowers is almost as easy as an AR, but you'd have a *real* conglomeration then....
Anyway I put SAW stock and grip, and T48 HG's on my FAL, big improvement. Got it all from Tapco when they were selling the "blems" fo $50, color match is good in green. My unsolicited opinion - Buy another FAL - Metric this time  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#17]
To swap lowers, open the action, remove the hinge pin ( male and female set up), take the lower off, put the new lower on, re install the hinge pin set, close the action, rock n roll. The rear sights will need to be taken off of the inch lower and placed on the metric lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top