Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2007 5:37:36 AM EDT
I'm SBR'ing a doublestar lower, and their lowers have the engravings "Cal. Multi"  I have no problem specifying a caliber, but since the receiver is engraved as "Multi", I'm not sure if I should put "5.56", "Multi (5.56)" or "Multi" down as the caliber.

I may ask them when I call to ask about the "cert of trust" thing today.

Anyone have any info on what to do if your receiver is marked multi?
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Just put the caliber you are building.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 7:02:35 AM EDT
[#2]
On each of mine I have listed what it said on the receiver, including "MULTI" and I have been approved.  However, I have heard that it depends on who is reviewing your paperwork and there are some who may reject it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Gotcha, I will just list 5.56.  For some reason I thought they wanted you to specify what it said on the lower receiver.  After re-reading the Form1, it seems they just want the caliber.  5.56 it is  Thanks guys
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 4:22:41 AM EDT
[#4]
If you put multi you will get a nice chain letter from the examiner telling you to fix your error and send the corrected copy back to them and then you get a form one with corrections on it so if your paperwork ever gets looked at I am sure a few eyebrows will go up. I just went thru a something of the same thing with my schedual A for my trust the ATF wants that now. Why you say no clue but my examiner held up my form 4 for three weeks till I called and spoke to her. Great lady and she said that I could e-mail it to her. Had I not called she was getting ready to send me and my dealer one of the dreaded ATF form letter.
Luke
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I've done three lowers in the past year that had CAL. MULTI on the receiver. I put the actual caliber in box 4c (e.g. 5.56) and in box 4h (additional information) I put "CAL MULTI". All forms have come back approved w/o any issues.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#6]
"Multi" approved here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:53:28 AM EDT
[#7]
You can also put all claibers that you plan to use.  

For example my M16 is registered in .22, 9mm and .223.  

Most HK sears are reg'd in 9mm, .223, and .308.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I wrote mine as: .22lr 9mm and 5.56mm. We'll see how it go's..
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#9]
double tap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top