Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 2:11:54 PM EDT
So, say I want to SBR an HK-94 clone. But I will likely be moving next summer (different (but still NFA ok) state most likely). What sorts of things can I expect? Should I wait untill after I move to do it? Or before? (this is all assuming I can get signatures etc)
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:40:12 PM EDT
You will need to fill out a Form 5320.20 and send it to the BATF before moving out of state.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:23:04 AM EDT
So, say I apply for the form1 or 4 etc and then need to move. Can I fill out the form and then move or do I need to wait to get the form1/4 approved first and then fill out the form?

Also is it just something I send in or does it need to be approved as well?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:20:21 PM EDT
You'll need to get it approved first, which doesn't take nearly as long as a transfer. I've never filed one, but I've heard that they only take a couple of weeks to be approved.

If I were guessing, I'd say that if you were to move before the approved Form 1/4 arrived, you'd have to contact the BATF directly by phone and try to get it amended before they approve the Form 1/4.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:14:53 AM EDT
To change the subject slightly, if I had a couple of NFA guns and moved to another state that allowed them do I have to get the local sheriff's permission to bring them into the state or just the BATF's with a 5320? I'm talking about federal laws only.

Top Top