Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 2:11:54 PM EDT
So, say I want to SBR an HK-94 clone. But I will likely be moving next summer (different (but still NFA ok) state most likely). What sorts of things can I expect? Should I wait untill after I move to do it? Or before? (this is all assuming I can get signatures etc)
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You will need to fill out a Form 5320.20 and send it to the BATF before moving out of state.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#2]
So, say I apply for the form1 or 4 etc and then need to move. Can I fill out the form and then move or do I need to wait to get the form1/4 approved first and then fill out the form?

Also is it just something I send in or does it need to be approved as well?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll need to get it approved first, which doesn't take nearly as long as a transfer. I've never filed one, but I've heard that they only take a couple of weeks to be approved.

If I were guessing, I'd say that if you were to move before the approved Form 1/4 arrived, you'd have to contact the BATF directly by phone and try to get it amended before they approve the Form 1/4.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#4]
To change the subject slightly, if I had a couple of NFA guns and moved to another state that allowed them do I have to get the local sheriff's permission to bring them into the state or just the BATF's with a 5320?  I'm talking about federal laws only.

Thanks,
Robert
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top