Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 10:44:30 PM EDT
I have finally decided not to persue reloading for my ar50. With that said...

Those of you with AR50s what has been the most accurate (match/long range) ammo you have bought?
HSM, TTI, AAA, TCCI.........?
Thanks Guys!

If I could afford to try all the diffent brands I could/would reload it myself.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Really good luck with HSM, 750g AMAX match ammo. It loaded very stout, but first three shots with my Grizzly at 300yds went into 1.32", and all groups shot avg'd 1.6" at 300. That's 1/2 moa.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't tried TCCI but I would use TTI or AAA any day of the week, HSM had some issues in the past. If they've put more QC checks on their stuff then I would buy from them, until I hear otherwise I'll wait.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#3]
When I got interested in 50BMG it was seemed like I could either handload or use whatever ammo I could find and hope it was safe and perhaps accurate in my barrel.    Since I handload all my accuracy ammo in 223, .308, and other calibers, I dacided to go ahead and buy a Hornady 50BMG press.   I can build plinking ammo that I know is safe in my match chamber barrel for $1.10 per round, or use AMAX bullets and build 1/2MOA ammo for about $2.70 per round.   But you do have to buy $600 worth of tools and components to make that first round.

The idea of my face inches away from questionalbe ammo when I drop the hammer on a 50BMG round does not appeal to me.  

Now that I have the tools and components I cannot afford NOT to reload 50BMG.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 I can build plinking ammo that I know is safe in my match chamber barrel for $1.10 per round

Do you have a source for new FMJ bullets, not pulled.?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I have shot a couple boxes of hsm.  Up in alaska its a bit more spendy and I haven't seen anymore more around in any shops waiting for it on order.  For me it comes to about 4bucks and change per round.  I pretty much stick to surplus it shoots pretty will out of the ar50.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#6]
fortunetly i live about 2 hours away from the shop where the produce the HSM so i can drive down to the local gun shops and pick it up, ive only shot a couple of rounds through my ar50 with the HSM stuff and i was wondering what should i expect with the accuracy?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top