Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 2:31:03 PM EDT
Has anyone modded an Moe forend to work with the factory head shield yet.  Got mine today and figured out they didn't work together, so I went out to get the dremel and  before I did any farther damage I decided to wait  and ask around first.

Pics because its ar15.com

IMG_20131212_184238_697 by jamiehstanley, on Flickr

IMG_20131212_184002_819 by jamiehstanley, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
to late, you started grinding. there is no going back.
Make it fit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah my normal thoughts ...but I am afraid it is gonna have to be cutting more then grinding
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I just pulled my heat shield off. I kind of like the look now, didn't think I would at first, plus I could not bring myself to try modifying the MOE after waiting on it for so long.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#4]
It could be modified to fit while in the forward position, but cycling to the rear shows that modification would totally screw the forend up, it would be a true hackjob.
I don't recommend doing it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It could be modified to fit while in the forward position, but cycling to the rear shows that modification would totally screw the forend up, it would be a true hackjob.
View Quote

Yes that was my main concern area.. due to it being much wider.  I don't want to hack it up that much because I do like the extra height the forearm gives ya.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes that was my main concern area.. due to it being much wider.  I don't want to hack it up that much because I do like the extra height the forearm gives ya.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only Magpul had simply designed it with the heatshield in mind...
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:12:58 AM EDT
[#7]
While I like the Magpul buttstock, I think I would stick with the Hogue fore end on my Mossberg...I like the grippy overmold, and it fits with the heatshield.
I'm waiting for the Magpul to get more established, and hopefully, come down in price a little.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:01:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I really like the look and feel of the MagPul Forearm, But, I'm NOT going to remove the Factory installed Heat Shield on my Mossberg's just to have their forearm on my shotguns.

Just like Surefire with their dedicated forearm weapon lights, they did not take into account the factory installed Heat Shield on the Mossberg's.  And how many pic's do you see with Mossberg's with Heat Shields and some other of form of light?

These are big companies, and they SHOULD HAVE DONE THEIR HOMEWORK !!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top