Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2007 9:57:55 PM EDT
I was reading a surplus magazine (G&A, perhaps?) some time ago and I remember reading about some WWII rifles being graded for accuracy and marked from I to III on the receiver, the more accurate being marked with a I, the least with three marks.

I think these were Mosin Nagants, but I may be mistaken.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been collecting and reading about Mosins for years.  I am even credited by Karl-Heinz Wrobel as a source in his second volume of his German-language book on the Mosin series of rifles.

Accuracy marks on Russian Mosins is entirely new info to me.  I sincerely doubt it is true.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm...Maybe another surplus rifle, then? I distinctly remember the article, and the discussion about the markings, but I no longer have the magazine.

Mausers, perhaps? SKS?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never seen anything like that on my SKS.
the Swiss make some pretty damn accurate rifles, that would be my first guess.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
The Czech CZ52 pistol often has little dimple prick marks on the slide. Zero to three. Last I knew no one still knew why but an accuracy rating system is the common reason stated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top