Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2012 3:22:57 PM EDT
Hey guys I have a few questions. I may possibly be trading for a PE sniper.  I found the listing on Armslist. It is listed as a numbers matching original with original scope. It's being sold for $800 or trade. Up for trade I have a Kimber Custom II, Springfield XD .40, 1895 Nagant revolver - Tula, Ministry of Defense marked, and a Romanian TTC. Obviously it isn't all of them, but perhaps a combination. The guy is supposed to be sending me detailed pictures of the rifle, scope mount, and scope to include serial numbers and proof marks

What do I need to be looking for, how rare are these things, and what is their approximate value. I really don't want to get rid of any guns but if this is a good trade it just might be worth it. What do you guys say?

Ok, just got a text from the guy. He doesn't know off hand the year or arsenal. Says it was already drilled and tapped for the PE scope mount. He bought a repro mount and an original PE scope. Says the scope looks unissued. The stock is late war laminated. That's all he knows off hand.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds way too good to be true. A genuine PE scope itself in unissued condition is worth well over 1k. Proceed with caution.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Post some pics. Sounds like a repro, to me. An original PE scope, alone, is worth $800+. An all original PE sniper would be worth several thousand, if not ten thousand.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I should be getting pictures tomorrow so I'll post them once I get them. Any ideas of what the value of a repro should be?
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I should be getting pictures tomorrow so I'll post them once I get them. Any ideas of what the value of a repro should be?

Don't even bother wasting your money on a repro. You can buy a real PU sniper from Classic Arms for 600 bucks. RGUNs also has some from an earlier and IMO nicer batch for 800 bucks.

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen repro PEs sell for 6-800, so it would be priced on the high end of fair, in my opinion. It all depends on exactly what it is. If it was built from a correct ex-PE sniper, that would up the value a little bit, to some people. The scope, bolt and quality of the workmanship, as well as overall condition would also be factors, of course.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#6]
$800 sounds more like a Repro PE. The Inter Ordnance repro PE's are pretty deceant but be leary of Garage build repro's.

If the rifle and scope are in refurb like new shape its a refurb, Original PE's are mostly imports out of Finland and are generally in used condition seldom found for less than $1500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top