Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2011 9:51:08 AM EDT
So I have basically a full set of multicam gear...
Multicam jacket + pants

Multicam Tactical Tailor MAV and multicam pouches
However, I've been having a few problems trying to round it all out. A lot of accessories (weapon slings, some pouches, gloves, elbow and knee pads) don't come in multicam. They come in OD, Tan, and sometimes ACU or Coyote Brown.
What do you guys use to match up best with multicam? So far I've got a couple tan pouches that seem to do ok, OD gloves, a tan sling, a "ACU" (basically Foilage green) belt and I haven't yet bought my pads.
I realize it isn't the biggest deal in the world but I would like to maintain a "close" (read: usable) camo theme to my gear.
Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Instead of matching the multicam, match your AO and your local surroundings. I mean obviously you chose MC because it works well in your area, but choose a brown, tan, OD, etc, that matches the terrain instead of the rest of your gear.

I have like 4 different patterns on my load out. Chest rig is MARPAT, belt is OD, Foliage, and MC...Pants are OD...boots are black. Knee pads are ACU. I'm a fuckin rainbow!
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Good point. Both tan and green colors should match pretty well so I'm going to guess I'll probably be ok. I'll just use what I've got and see how it works out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#3]
You just haven't looked hard enough.

You an even get boots in MC...including the soles in MC.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I generaly match "Tan" or "Coyote Brown" to MC.

As for the "Rain Bow" LOL not thought of it like that; but that's a good thing

One thing to keep in mind is, your "Kit" will delevlop a base color of the dirt in your area after a while of use (unless you always wash or never use your gear).
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Rit dye is your friend.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#6]

This is CPL Kopp (see signature) with the 75th Ranger Regiment in Afghanistan. You'll notice a Multicam combat shirt and RG green plate carrier.

More members of the US SOF community wearing a mix of MC and other schemes on their gear (also a contrast with old DCU)

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys.

I was most worried about my OD gloves but I like them, they fit well and they're a good piece of kit. They will blend with at least part of the area around me so I'm sure they'll be fine.

I still have an all black rifle at this point anyway so it's all kind of silly to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I like tan or Coyote Brown for most of my gear. I have some multicam items here and there, but I like to keep my gear a light color rather than create a big dark spot useing greens or woodland camo's. You can always add to a lighter color but it is hard to take away from a dark color.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like tan or Coyote Brown for most of my gear. I have some multicam items here and there, but I like to keep my gear a light color rather than create a big dark spot useing greens or woodland camo's. You can always add to a lighter color but it is hard to take away from a dark color.

speaking of green...

ive been eyeballing the Foliage color sets over at DSGarms.

would match multicam well, as its a lighter green than the OD rifle furn...
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Browns and tans work very well in Nebraska.  Pretty much all year long.  A little multicam thrown in for "flair" doesn't hurt, but most of the time this state is one shade of brown or another.  

I'll get flamed for this by some, but I just "rustoleum'd" my rifle.  I know there are much more expensive ways to do it, but I can always repaint it or run it through the parts washer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Only reason to get flamed here is that you didn't use Krylon.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Personally, I think Coyote Brown and Ranger Green go well together with my MC gear items..

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I got the Tactical Tailor stuff on liquidation from Grey Ghost Outlet and I have to say... Very nice stuff! Everything I ordered came in a Coyote Brown color and it matches nicely with my Multicam gear. I got a new belt, new dump bag, and a new pistol mag pouch for $50. Gotta love big sales!

I should have a really nice set of gear all good to go soon.

Thanks for all the advice everyone... I just need to make time to go seriously dirty up the stuff.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#17]
none of my gear matches. dyed chest rig, woodland pouches, coyote pouches, some OD, all with a liberal dusting of dirt brown turf and green grass stains. thats color matching that you cant get in a can....
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Where can you pick up some of that dye? I have an UCP MALICE pack I need to fix
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Only reason to get flamed here is that you didn't use Krylon.

I used Krylon, Rustoleum, and Aervoe, so I have all the bases covered

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Coyote Brown is probably the best match to MC; however, I agree that you should match your gear to your AO, not to your "cool pants".
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Browns and tans work very well in Nebraska.  Pretty much all year long.  A little multicam thrown in for "flair" doesn't hurt, but most of the time this PLANET is one shade of brown or another.  

even in "green" area's, there is still shades of brown's and tan's, that's why I like coyote.

Now unless you plan the hide out at Bryce Canyon National Park......

Multicam or coyote don't work too well
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Certain pieces of my Kit are purposefully left mismatched - IE Duty Belt, Sling, etc. I do this for quick recognition. My belt is OD green so I, and others, can clip into it quickly and don't have to look for an MC belt on MC pants. My sling is OD, or Foliage Green so that when I get it tangled I can trace it back to un -eff it. I started doing this after my experiences in a rollover trainer- I couldn't figure out what was what and it took extra time to get out safely.

SOS

That just rocked my world. Going to re-evaluate my kit now thanks to your post. Good advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top