Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/18/2009 5:27:21 PM EST
I picked up a Marlin 1894 in .44 Mag the other day at a pawn shop for $400 out the door. I pick up some ammo from Wally World and stopped by the range. One round at a time feeds fine but more than one in the tube and it jams every time. Should I take it back to the pawn shop, sell it and find another, or fix it (the big dot and peep sights will have to wait)? I read the fixes for the issue and my best option is to by a new carrier for about $45 as I don't feel comfortable doing the work on the current carrier myself and do not know any competent gunsmiths around here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:20:53 PM EST
You could always contact Marlin, as frequently as 94s have this problem, they may treat it as a warranty issue even though you're not the original owner. At the very least they'll make the repair at a decent price.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:24:49 PM EST
First off, be sure the lifter screw is tight. Any looseness results in your symptoms.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:01:42 AM EST
Thanks Paul-LC and RugRat. A couple of screws were loose and that has helped with the double feed. I'm still having a failure to feed but if I work the lever again the round feeds fine.
Top Top