Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 6:27:21 PM EDT
I picked up a Marlin 1894 in .44 Mag the other day at a pawn shop for $400 out the door.  I pick up some ammo from Wally World and stopped by the range.  One round at a time feeds fine but more than one in the tube and it jams every time.  Should I take it back to the pawn shop, sell it and find another, or fix it (the big dot and peep sights will have to wait)?   I read the fixes for the issue and my best option is to by a new carrier for about $45 as I don't feel comfortable doing the work on the current carrier myself and do not know any competent gunsmiths around here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You could always contact Marlin, as frequently as 94s have this problem, they may treat it as a warranty issue even though you're not the original owner. At the very least they'll make the repair at a decent price.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#2]
First off, be sure the lifter screw is tight.  Any looseness results in your symptoms.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Paul-LC and RugRat.  A couple of screws were loose and that has helped with the double feed.  I'm still having a failure to feed but if I work the lever again the round feeds fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top