Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2002 6:04:03 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with one of these?  I've been looking at one at my local shop.  Other than the stock what's the difference between the M-21 and the National Match?

What would be a good price?  this one is marked at $2600 but I think I can get it for about $2400.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 12:20:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You can check the real deal at www.snipercentral.com/m21.htm

It has all the specs

What type of receiver is it? Back in the late 80's Smith Ent. made a bunch that was marked M21, M14, M14NM.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:46:21 AM EDT
[#2]
THe only difference I can think of between the 2 is the stock is different on the m21.  I do not believe it comes with a bipod. Both are offered with a douglas barrel with the option to upgrade to a krieger, hart or possibly even a custom blank.
The m21 does not coem with the scope mount or rings so you are looking at anothetr $300 or so for a decent ARMS mount setup.
What it comes down to for you is the stock what you need?  When you scope the rifle will you be usng a cheekpiece (most likely) and is this the feel you want.  IS the adjustable comb of the stock worthe the $400 to you?  Do you like the stock springfield offeres or is there a better one out there from MacMillan?  Weigh all your options and then decide
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.

I think I'll just order a National Match.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 2:33:08 AM EDT
[#4]
The M21 is the same as the Supermatch not a reg NM gun. The only difference is the adjustable comb height of the stock. Regular NM guns have medium weight barrels as the Supers have heavy barrels and oversized stocks. I have the Supermatch and put a scope on it. When you do this you need to raise your comb height via a cheek piece or the adj. stock available on the M21. The accuracy on my Super is UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top