Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:21:54 AM EDT
I was wondering to anyone who has gotten a new MSAR with the optic if it has the new style "Jadgkommando" flash hider or the original tulip design.  I just put a down payment on one that will be comming in soon and I'm getting nervouse seeing all these "Jadgkommando" versions comming out.  I want the original style and can't confirm if they have been discontinued.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the "tulip" version also and wished there was one in 1/2x28 threads for my upcoming AXR.  The new style will have to grow on me.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I too have seen STG's with this flash hider now...there's one at the Fort Knox PX.  Any idea why they come like this now?  Is the older flash hider still an option?

CMS
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
tulip is discontinued, the jagcommando comes on all guns now, and its actually a nice flashhider, I have all 3 ( tulip,jag, and suppressor adapter) and I prefer the jag.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Crap guess I'm going to cancel the order now.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#5]
If it's the standard AUG thread then can't you just buy an original Steyr flash hider?

CMS
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Crap guess I'm going to cancel the order now.

I have seen plaenty that still have the original flash hider, call whereveer you were ordering and just get them to confirm which hider it has.  Or you may even be able to find someone who will swap hiders with you for the new style one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I decided to get an FS2000 standard instead.  I won't deal with a company who says they sell one thing and give you another.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#8]
It's just a flash hider.  I don't think it should be a deal breaker.  Where does it say that it comes with one specific type of flash hider anyhow?  Just sayin...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Anything before the election I want it to look as close to mil-spec anyway.  Just a flash hider?  Ask that during 94'-04' and think the reactions people would give you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#10]
From 94-04 muzzle attachments were permenantly attached or left as a bare muzzle.  The barrel is still threaded and this isn't just a muzzle brake.  You could always find one for sale with the older flash hider still.  Just saying.  It's your money...do what you want...but if you're going to go spend $300-$400 more on a TPD or even bigger buck for a real Steyr AUG just because of a muzzle device then more power to you.  Enjoy whatever purchase you make!  I'm sure the FS2000 is a great choice too.

CMS
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Well my dealer cut me a...well deal lol.  FS2000 with optic for $2200.  He can get that in next week.  I made the decision after I found out its an officially combat proven system now.  Although no large army's are fielding them.  Plus I like the splinter cell games lol.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well my dealer cut me a...well deal lol.  FS2000 with optic for $2200.  He can get that in next week.  I made the decision after I found out its an officially combat proven system now.  Although no large army's are fielding them.  Plus I like the splinter cell games lol.

Good choice and congrats...you will love it!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top