Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2014 12:32:49 PM EDT
Hello!

I'm looking for some advice. I have a pretty fair condition MP40 parts kit, that appears to include all the parts in decent shape, no rust, but the bluing on the barrel and nut is a patina, it also does not have a tube, only a saw cut piece of one. Also, I have 7 magazines, 6 are re blued but appear functional, but 3 are nice, 3 are less nice, and one is mellow patina. I also have a mag loader in good shape, repo canvas magazine pouches [pair] and a couple of manuals. One in German that appears very old. I got the mags when the former USSR was emptying a stash of WWII German hardware back in the 90's,

I really don't know what to do with this. I am never going to be able to afford to finish it, and I don't see me using it for anything. Is there any interest on this board for it, and if not, is Gunbroker a good place to try and resell it. I have had it for 25 years and it has just sat in my safe. I'm just pondering my options. Advice on a fair asking price would be appreciated.

EDIT: The pics are rather large so try and show some details.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
GunBroker, Subguns, or here would be good places to sell.  I would expect it could be sold for between $1000 and $2000.  Good pictures will make the sale easier.

Let us know what it goes for if you decide to sell it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:02:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I'll get some pics taken, and post.

EDIT:

Here are the pictures I have for the kit, mags, pouches and and manuals. They are kinda big, so you can get a good look. Also, that film canister has all the small parts, rear sight and spring, charging handle, small pins, etc.

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input. I've added a link to my ad in the EE .
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#4]
You can get an 80% Receiver to complete your build for $235 plus shipping.

http://www.philaord.com/MP-40_MP-41.html

I'd imagine you'll have to weld/rivet parts in place to get it working again, easy if you have the tools and/or friends.

Save this gun to protect yourself from the zombies. . . .
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:57:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd imagine you'll have to weld/rivet parts in place to get it working again, easy if you have the tools and/or friends.

View Quote

Wow. First post and you are telling him how to make an illegal machinegun.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 8:00:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says right on that page "can be used to make a semi-auto firearm".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top