Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 2:31:12 PM EDT
I don't know much about them. There is a guy at my work looking to trade me an M1 carbine for a $600 rifle. He says he has quite a few WW2 and Korean war pieces. A few Winchesters all worth a couple grand each.

Could you guys tell me what to look for? I'm gonna make the trade regardless, on account of wanting a carbine for a while.

The guy knows it would be a lopsided trade, he wants my rifle and his wife won't let him spend any more money on guns.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is a USGI M1 then it's probably a good deal.  My guess is it's an Inland.  Have him strip it down and look for the stamp marks on the various metal pieces.  I'd avoid any non-USGI carbine.  

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Head over to the CMP forums..there is a forum for the carbines...

CMP
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Really need more info like manufacturer, finish condition, part markings, barrel condition, originality, is it an Import, ect.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If it is in good shape, not a bad price. So many companies made them, mine is a Universal as in just one of the typewriter companies recruited to crank them out. They were also made into the 60's especially Universal, Hileigha, Fl.
Developed with Winchester those are far more valuable. Ammo isn't cheap or easy to find, but not too difficult. That said, I love to shoot mine & my wife does as well LOW recoil!. Lightweight, small, & a few feel it is the #`1 SHTF gun but I don't agree of course. Only 930 ft. lbs.of evergy @ muzzle best for varmints & plinking.
Can be magazine finicky but I will never sell mine, just too much history!
Go for it if I were you!
javascript:insertText('');
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top