Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 11:50:58 AM EDT
Anybody have one of these on there M1? How do you like them? Hows the fit & quality? I have a real M1 carbine so it should fit?

I was thinking of putting one on my M1 carbine and then putting a cheapo reddot like a Hakko on it for some fun fast shooting. Nothing serious like zombie killing or carbine shoots. Just some backyard steel plates while the AR is cooling down. The carbine for me has been the best gun in the world for introducing somebody to shooting and I thought a reddot might make things a little easier for a kid to make hits with. Your thoughts please.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have an M1 carbine, but I do have a Mini-14 and just installed one on there.  Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but my best friend has one on his Mini-14 and I have shot it extensively.  It is a quality piece and would make a great addition to your carbine.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
i also dont have an m1 but i have it on my mak90 and absolutly love it. excellent fit and quality
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Another one who has one on a AK. Excellent product---------Workmanship and fit are outstanding. I am getting another for a Mini30.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Where did you guys find a decent price on the Ultimak at?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#5]
i picked mine up direct from ultimak for over $100 shipped but now i have a collectors license and could have gotten it from brownells for $75 + 7.50 shipping. oh well
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I've shot a couple of the mules at UltiMAK (30 carbine rifles they use for testing), and they're great. A nice 30 carbine will be my next rifle - after the SEBR.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

http://www.riflescopes.com/
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.riflescopes.com/

this search doesn't come up with anything - are you sure?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:09:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Another "+1" for the Ultimak mount.  I had one on a SAM-7 with a Burris Speed Dot, and it performed very well.  The fit and finish on these is very good; the design and materials are excellent.  

By the way, I would not hesitate to shoot a dot-sighted M1 in a Tactical Rifle match.  You could very easily hold your own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top