Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 8:23:37 AM EDT

tell me what the various options are (if any )

tell me about the oiler too

thanks,
dan
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
African carry--Slung muzzle-down over non-shooting side shoulder, fore-end gripped by weak hand inside sling.  As weak hand unslings carbine, rotates same, and brings it into position on strong-side (left, in this case) shoulder, sling drops to side as weapon is un-shouldered.

OR, buy a composite or non-GI wood stock and  install your own custom sling studs.

What about the oiler, in particular?

Never seen an oiler in person (my M1 Carbine didn't have it / Dad may have lost it somewhere).

Good nostalgia piece thats also effective?  Fill it with CLP?

I like the wood stock (maybe on my next one M1 Carbine )

thanks for the info
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The oiler secures the rear looped end of the sling to the butt-stock.  Snap end goes forward, with snap stud facing out, away from stock.

Should be easy and cheap to get an oiler.  Get Scott Duff's M-1 Carbine Owner's Guide.  Worth every penney, and more.

saw that in another thread too.  Will order it online
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top