Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2002 4:23:16 PM EDT
I have a Springfield standard M1A and I would like to put an Aimpoint sight on it (a compM2 maybe)what kind of scope mount would work well?

thanks
Josh223
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]

The Springfield scope mount unit is pretty nice. I bought one when I first got my M1A about a year ago. It's fairly simple to put on, but when you put it on you have to "mate" it to your receiver, so unless you have more than one M1A you plan on using the Aimpoint on this won't be a problem. Once it's fit to your weapon, it will only fit that particular receiver.

I have seen the ARMS M1A mount, and it looks like a solid platform. A bit pricey, but as they say "you get what you pay for". I got my Sprinfield mount pro bono, but if I was to go out and purchase one, my preference has always been ARMS mounts for just about everything. You just can't beat the quality.

Happy trails...

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to  battlerifles.com  good site/board.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude,
the Springfield mount sucks!!!  it will not hold zero and will come loose about every 25-50 rounds.  

the good news is you only lost $150.00 so sell it to someone before you mount it and get the arms mount.  you will be much happier in the end.  I know I was!  don't believe anyone who works for Springfield.  they make good guns and good scopes but this mount sucks.  look police forces and the militaries who use this rifle and what scope base they select.
or just get the ARMS mount.

as far as a red dot spend the money and get a good one like a aimpoint propoint, leupold dot.
do not get a simmons, blazer, bsa etc.

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Here you go, A.R.M.S. #18,19A,#21 STANAG

or you can just go with the #18 & #22 low,med or high.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 2:52:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I had the 2nd gen springfield and it sucked.I've got the Smith mount and it's great.Here's what M1A shooters use----
Brookfield,Smith,McCann or ARMS.The Brookfield is the premier mount but good luck finding one.The other 3 are all fine choices.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:34:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Guys,

OK already! The Springfield mount sucks(generally). However, I must have gotten the ONLY "good" Springfield M1A mount that's worth a damn, 'cause I've banged it around pretty good with about 300-400 rounds so far w/out loss in zero or loosening of the mount. Sorry. Scope has stayed dead on, too. Not too shabby for a cheap B&L either.

Having said all that, would I get another one as compared to the ARMS? With all that I've read here-no! My Springfield mount was given to me free. I think I must have gotten one that was manufactured well and got lucky. I'm certainly not going to sit here and say that I mounted the thing better than anyone else, I think I just got lucky is all.

I KNOW that the ARMS, Brookfield, etc. is the way to go. If I were to buy one, that is what I would go with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top